News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: aSingh on October 14, 2019, 03:47:23 PM
Anyone know which buses will be used on the 54?

SWB E200's - WB have received more from PN is exchange for LWB E200's (see transfers thread)

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 14, 2019, 03:48:41 PM
Either the MMCs or the e200s.

It's a minibus route, you won't get a WB E200MMC around

Busboy105

When the Paradise works end, will the 82/87 go back to the route they had before the works? I.e. continuing straight on from Parade to Suffolk Street Queensway then turning left at the roundabout to Smallbrook Queensway to New Street Station then carry on to Moor Street Station and The Square Peg.

cris 99

Anymore E200s turned up yet for the 54/54A from perry barr
17//72/73/97/X12

aSingh

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 23, 2019, 06:48:23 PM
When the Paradise works end, will the 82/87 go back to the route they had before the works? I.e. continuing straight on from Parade to Suffolk Street Queensway then turning left at the roundabout to Smallbrook Queensway to New Street Station then carry on to Moor Street Station and The Square Peg.

I think the diversion it's currently on helps its timing as less stop, start traffic, but iv never done the original route so what do I know.
Singh

aSingh

So atleast 1 platinum appears on the 74 and 80 everyday now. Are they testing the waters with these two routes for maybe a future platinum order? Just curious.

Also how long do WBs 4200 tridents have left before they are scrapped, withdrawn or sold?
Singh

Jack

Quote from: aSingh on October 27, 2019, 08:56:41 PM
So atleast 1 platinum appears on the 74 and 80 everyday now. Are they testing the waters with these two routes for maybe a future platinum order? Just curious.

Also how long do WBs 4200 tridents have left before they are scrapped, withdrawn or sold?
Great idea to put Platinums on the 74, 80/80A... let them get trashed and wrecked and the 74's E400's aren't even that old!

They are ALX400 B7TL's, not Tridents...

aSingh

Quote from: Jack on October 27, 2019, 09:40:45 PM
Great idea to put Platinums on the 74, 80/80A... let them get trashed and wrecked and the 74's E400's aren't even that old!

They are ALX400 B7TL's, not Tridents...

87 similar to 74 and 80, it's platinum. 74 goes through rough area (Handsworth) like 87 (Cape Hill), also goes through a less busy area (great bridge), 87 (Oldbury). Some similarities between the 2. Just curious.

Oh I see, I didn't check. I stand corrected 😁
Singh

Busboy105

Does anyone have an ETA on when the Volvos are being withdrawn? They are my favourite buses in the current fleet right now so I just want to know so I won't be left in the cold.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 03, 2019, 02:40:19 PM
Does anyone have an ETA on when the Volvos are being withdrawn? They are my favourite buses in the current fleet right now so I just want to know so I won't be left in the cold.

Some of the none trapped ALX will come off in the next couple of months at MoT expiry. No plans to withdraw any other

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 03, 2019, 02:42:29 PM
Some of the none trapped ALX will come off in the next couple of months at MoT expiry. No plans to withdraw any other
Ok thank you.

Quote from: aSingh on October 27, 2019, 08:53:41 PM
I think the diversion it's currently on helps its timing as less stop, start traffic, but iv never done the original route so what do I know.
I have heard rumours the 82/87 might return to serving the city loop on the 8th December, I wonder if it will go up carrs lane again what a joke that is far too many buses and people playing chicken with there life's walking out into traffic without any care.
Current route into city is the most reliable I have ever known and I,ve done plenty of variations in the last 22 years. I have heard the old stop outside the figure of eight is now used by harborne services ,
I can't some how see how Sutton ,harborne and Dudley rd services will fit in there.
We shall see. Have those traffic lights at hotel la tour been sorted out man they took the piss especially turning left onto the bus mall.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2900 on November 04, 2019, 09:52:04 AM
I have heard rumours the 82/87 might return to serving the city loop on the 8th December, I wonder if it will go up carrs lane again what a joke that is far too many buses and people playing chicken with there life's walking out into traffic without any care.
Current route into city is the most reliable I have ever known and I,ve done plenty of variations in the last 22 years. I have heard the old stop outside the figure of eight is now used by harborne services ,
I can't some how see how Sutton ,harborne and Dudley rd services will fit in there.

We shall see. Have those traffic lights at hotel la tour been sorted out man they took the piss especially turning left onto the bus mall.

The Sutton services don't use Broad St anyway?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack6101

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 04, 2019, 12:44:36 PM
The Sutton services don't use Broad St anyway?
His on about the bus stops on corporation st
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Busboy105

Quote from: 2900 on November 04, 2019, 09:52:04 AM
The 23/24 will probably go back to serving Colmore Row only after December. Don't think NX are going to be that stupid to allow all those routes to serve Corporation Street; it's going to be a nightmare for buses to get out especially at peak times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk