News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

4748, 4739, and 4740 noted on the 74 this morning

I know certain garages donmt differentiate their Enviros; regardless, it's not often a Trident appears on there. Just thought it was worth mentioning, if anyone's interested.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Regarding the all night 74 single decker that leaves garage just after 12 ,drivers who have done it have said its waste of time and money non fare payers , people just riding around on it to keep warm .
Yeah great advertisement for 24 HR operation , IMO to do it properly you need the heavy mob at the door £2.40 flat fare or walk , Petes travel had bouncers when they did nite services back in the day.
Then again brum eh London totally different dynamics.
Can't see any one shedding a tear over the demise of 74 24 hour operation, may be in the future it could return on Friday and Saturday only who knows.

Gareth

I regularly used Pete's Travel on the 94N. We never had bouncers on ours. I've always said the 94 isn't as bad as people make out! 😜

winston

Quote from: Gareth on February 12, 2019, 11:25:29 AM
I regularly used Pete's Travel on the 94N. We never had bouncers on ours. I've always said the 94 isn't as bad as people make out! 😜

The bouncers were on the Wolverhampton Fri/Sat night services, these were run in partnership with the night clubs and operated by TWM

Jack

@Dutsey, Gemini's are common on the 5. As well as 4515, 4512 was also on it.

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 25, 2019, 05:16:04 PM
1918 - WB42
Should be on the 1721 from Tipton Railway Station towards West Bromwich, arriving there at 1748 if anyone wants it

This is/has been a regular occurrence for a few weeks as that bus comes of a 3A and goes onto 42s it does Tipton/Dudley/Tipton Empty back from Tipton. It replaced a 42 Running board that came from garage around 1445.

DJ

Quote from: WB Driver on February 25, 2019, 07:08:54 PM
This is/has been a regular occurrence for a few weeks as that bus comes of a 3A and goes onto 42s it does Tipton/Dudley/Tipton Empty back from Tipton. It replaced a 42 Running board that came from garage around 1445.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up then, makes sense why I've seen one on there a few times lately.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

DJ

There was a 47xx Dudley Road branded E400 Trident in Wednesbury around 30 mins ago out of service, any idea what one was doing over there? At a guess, it was heading up to Walsall for work or something, but I'm not sure.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack6101

There's normally an 82/7 branded bus at the the other school oppersite Wood Green high school on the kfc side
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 04, 2019, 05:53:54 PM
There's normally an 82/7 branded bus at the the other school oppersite Wood Green high school on the kfc side
You mean Stuart Bathurst on Axletree Way?

danny

Arr Bathurst... Fond memories with its mini bus station In the forecourt.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

There's a 87 afternoon running board which does a school then private to Dudley bus station to do the peak time extra 1625ish where the service becomes every 5 minutes , when it gets to brum it stays on the 82,s till 2100ish , it use to be 87/24 running card but since the sept 19 changes where 2 buses were removed not certain which board it is now.

Quote from: 2900 on March 06, 2019, 10:04:36 AM
There's a 87 afternoon running board which does a school then private to Dudley bus station to do the peak time extra 1625ish where the service becomes every 5 minutes , when it gets to brum it stays on the 82,s till 2100ish , it use to be 87/24 running card but since the sept 19 changes where 2 buses were removed not certain which board it is now.
87/23

Rumour mill westbrom , 82/87 to remain at colmore row and the 80 gets an extra bus , good news if true.

Jack

Omnilink on the 5.
Left Scott Arms about 10 mins ago for Sutton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk