News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: Nathan on December 02, 2018, 05:04:25 PM
Correct. The overnight bus is meant to be an Enviro 200.
Apologies. I'm not usually out at that time of night. 😂
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

Quote from: CL on December 02, 2018, 05:22:03 PM
Apologies. I'm not usually out at that time of night. 😂

Me neither 😂. I probably won't be, until a 24 hour service is introduced on the 87 (or the 12 - which is closer to my house - wishful thinking ;D)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 02, 2018, 10:57:47 PM
Me neither 😂. I probably won't be, until a 24 hour service is introduced on the 87 (or the 12 - which is closer to my house - wishful thinking ;D)
Ironically, the 74 is one of my locals!  :-[ :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: CL on December 02, 2018, 11:18:17 PM
Ironically, the 74 is one of my locals!  :-[ :P

I'm not out at that time either 😂 I'm just aware what is the allocated type to that board.

filbus1

4237 having an outing on the 82

OH25

An idea:

The Hagley Road and Harborne buses use the bus lane on Great Charles Street to get on to Paradise Circus and that side road to go behind the library round to Broad Street and are less likely to get stuck in traffic.

Just sat on the 82 and when it gets to the same part of the route, why can't the 82/87/89 and X7 use the same bus lane to go onto Paradise Circus and then do a full turn back on themselves to their normal line of route (similar to what buses do on Moor Street Queensway).

The traffic for the buses could be avoided and there wouldn't be a need to go around the outside and then cut back into the lane last minute.

The Fox 4846

4677 is on WB5, just left towards Sutton from pheasey at 08:05
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

John

4677 on the 47 won't be noteworthy.....

As Gemini's are replacing ALX400s that are already on the route

Quote from: OH25 on December 08, 2018, 07:06:59 PM
An idea:

The Hagley Road and Harborne buses use the bus lane on Great Charles Street to get on to Paradise Circus and that side road to go behind the library round to Broad Street and are less likely to get stuck in traffic.

Just sat on the 82 and when it gets to the same part of the route, why can't the 82/87/89 and X7 use the same bus lane to go onto Paradise Circus and then do a full turn back on themselves to their normal line of route (similar to what buses do on Moor Street Queensway).

The traffic for the buses could be avoided and there wouldn't be a need to go around the outside and then cut back into the lane last minute.

What do a u turn just before Cambridge street seems tight to me.
I have no issues on great Charles st most Dudley rd drivers drive up to the bus gate indicate right wait to be let in into the right lane and on you go takes minute or so which isn't bad at all considering how long it use to take before the bus lane was installed ,yes we might hold up the buses going to broad street can't win them all , on average it takes me from colmore row to springhill tesco island 5/7 minutes normal peak conditions.
I have noticed lately the right hand lane great Charles towards Saint chads backs up when people,re doing u turns onto the opposite side of the carriage way, the left lane has to be used to keep going if you wish to  finish work.

Good to see a gemni in Oldbury it's been a while.
I read in the garage newsletter that westbrom should be getting a heritage liveried bus at sometime during 2019 look forward to it.

Quote from: 2900 on December 19, 2018, 10:13:51 AM
Good to see a gemni in Oldbury it's been a while.
I read in the garage newsletter that westbrom should be getting a heritage liveried bus at sometime during 2019 look forward to it.
Much needed, 12A/13 can't cope with the passenger loadings between the busy Bearwood and City corridor during the peak period with the current single deckers.

Zander

I'm guessing it's to do with the demise of the 42xxs, but recently the 42xxs that have the trap fitted on them have appeared all over the place, like today 4243 and 4274 were on the 48, I had 4270 on the 48 last week as well

Couple of minor changes happening on January 6th:
40 service will return to using All Saints way.
45 service will return to using Hallam Street.
46 times will be altered to create a combined 10 minute frequency along Hallam Street with the 45.
Timetable changes to the 47.

Kevin

Quote from: WB Driver on December 28, 2018, 06:00:52 PM
Couple of minor changes happening on January 6th:
40 service will return to using All Saints way.
45 service will return to using Hallam Street.
46 times will be altered to create a combined 10 minute frequency along Hallam Street with the 45.
Timetable changes to the 47.

Reducing the 46 again. They can never make up their mind with that
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

37351ml

Reduced to every 20 like on Saturdays. It was every 10 at one stage when the B6's arrived. Wonder if the 16w is affecting loadings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk