News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I think a 45 got a bit lost this evening. Just after 5PM, I passed a red/white OmniLink on the Newton Road as I was coming home from West Brom. It was at the Forge Lane traffic lights, and by the position the bus was in, it looked like it was attempting to make a U-turn at the lights, to head back to All Saints Way. It didn't move even though the lights changed to green and back to red, with impatient motorists behind beeping horns as they could not turn right and blocking one lane for straight on too. I had drove on before it had moved again

Dom

755 (?) is on the 42/3 if of interest to anyone.

wbdriver

Quote from: Kevin on May 23, 2016, 07:36:35 AM
Saw a notice on a bus yesterday that the 45 is to be diverted away from Milton Street on Fridays. Is the mosque traffic really that bad?

yep. lost count how many times ive been stuck there. a couple of weeks ago, 3 were stuck due to inconsiderate parking. i think it was mentioned on here but hopefully we wont go up milton street at all soon as the garage is having too many incidents there.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Westy

Quote from: wbdriver on May 25, 2016, 10:06:22 AM
yep. lost count how many times ive been stuck there. a couple of weeks ago, 3 were stuck due to inconsiderate parking. i think it was mentioned on here but hopefully we wont go up milton street at all soon as the garage is having too many incidents there.

Then someone will moan that they're not being served then the local Mp will get involved etc(refer to the next 79 change on that one!)

You drivers get slagged off but those inconsiderate drivers are just the limit!

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on March 31, 2016, 08:56:11 AM
4955 ADL ENVIRO 400

This bag of shite has fortunately, sorry i mean unfortunately been involved in a rear end shunt fair amount of damage has been caused the steel work behind the rear bumper is bent quite badly the oil filter housing is damaged as well , may well be engine damage to.
Has been dumped outside west broms admin block for the last several days now.

Now back from Carlyle repaired and out on the 74 today

Quote from: Tony on May 25, 2016, 02:00:30 PM
Now back from Carlyle repaired and out on the 74 today
It was on the 80 on Icknield Port Road going toward West Bromwich at about 19:00 yesterday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Just noticed that the May 29th service changes page on the NX website says
Service 80 - West Bromwich - Birmingham Corporation Street, though it hasn't terminated at Corporation Street for nearly 4 years.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/bus-service-changes-in-the-black-country-from-29th-may-2016
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

1940 now in for refurb, so red/white Scania operation at WB has now finished

Dom

A crimson ticket branded E400 is currently on the 74 if of interest to anyone. Just about to leave West Bromwich towards Birmingham

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
1940 now in for refurb, so red/white Scania operation at WB has now finished
with west broms scanias nearly all done in Crimson , which batch will be next from my understanding the plaxtons and Alexander volvos won't be done, the 4700 gems look tired , may be the first batch of enviro 200s possibly .

Dom

Quote from: 2900 on May 31, 2016, 01:51:53 PM
with west broms scanias nearly all done in Crimson , which batch will be next from my understanding the plaxtons and Alexander volvos won't be done, the 4700 gems look tired , may be the first batch of enviro 200s possibly .

All single decks and double decks 4425 onwards will be repainted. I have heard that WA omnilinks are to be started. I do think PN B7RLE's should be looked at as they are a bit of a state.

Dom

I thought LWB E200's couldn't get around the 44?

AV4248

Think it'll just be a bit tight getting it through Harvills Hawthorn, there have LWB E200s ones on there in the past but there are very rare on the route.

Dom

Quote from: AV4248 on May 31, 2016, 05:06:13 PM
Think it'll just be a bit tight getting it through Harvills Hawthorn, there have LWB E200s ones on there in the past but there are very rare on the route.

Just like the 121.

uniquicity

LWB is fine on the 644. Used to be operated by B6LEs anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk