News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

Has any more buses been branded for the 87/2 yet
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

The Fox 4846

4048 in an rtc with a red ka next to cat and fiddle
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Jack6101

Notice 4758 has 2 sets of fleet numbers on the back
Local routes
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack6101

1948 on42 looks very smart
Local routes

BK63 YWP

According someone on twitter, a regular user of 74/75 said that national express invests more into Harborne routes that get newer buses than soho road.... wow so the 61/13/14 buses that run the Harborne corridor are younger than the 14/64 plates that have been invested into the soho road hahaha
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Quote from: Chris on January 21, 2016, 01:14:31 PM
According someone on twitter, a regular user of 74/75 said that national express invests more into Harborne routes that get newer buses than soho road.... wow so the 61/13/14 buses that run the Harborne corridor are younger than the 14/64 plates that have been invested into the soho road hahaha
Assuming this is an ordinary commuter, as opposed to us enthusiasts, spotters, etc... - then they may not have noticed the plates and perhaps think the hybrids are the newest buses in the fleet. I know my non-enthusiast friends call the Euro V (and below) Enviro 400 "the 9 buses" - despite the MMCs... Lol!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BK63 YWP

Quote from: clayderman on January 21, 2016, 05:37:19 PM
Assuming this is an ordinary commuter, as opposed to us enthusiasts, spotters, etc... - then they may not have noticed the plates and perhaps think the hybrids are the newest buses in the fleet. I know my non-enthusiast friends call the Euro V (and below) Enviro 400 "the 9 buses" - despite the MMCs... Lol!

Maybe repaint the soho road buses crimson. Everyone i know think crimson = brand new bus. I feel the crimson looks shiny therefore they think its a new bus

X10 Gornal Wood

Liberator9

Crimson does give the impression of new buses - however very very unlikely the Soho Road buses will be done for a few years considering they're still fairly new, and there's a far more pressing need to repaint other vehicles in the fleet (e.g Newer BC Tridents, YW Scanias, remaining Geminis etc.)

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 21, 2016, 06:43:44 PM
Crimson does give the impression of new buses - however very very unlikely the Soho Road buses will be done for a few years considering they're still fairly new, and there's a far more pressing need to repaint other vehicles in the fleet (e.g Newer BC Tridents, YW Scanias, remaining Geminis etc.)

I know that they are not priority to paint, my point is paint a bus crimson they think its new. My grandad said to me, i went on a new bus earlier it was a single deck (WB48) and i said its  nearly 6 years old 😂😂😂

X10 Gornal Wood

Liberator9

@Chris

Haha - I get what you mean  :D Yeah - stick a personalised number plate on them and most pax wouldn't notice the difference  ;)

37351ml

Last week while on the 120 a passenger was praising the "brand new buses" on her local route - the 87, even reckoned they had wifi on them!

Bob

Can anyone help ? I might have to go to Bagnall St ( by waterside st) in West Brom there's one nx route that stops right outside where I need to go it's a 40 something the one that uses mini e200  & goes to and from Tipton.  are there any other route that would get me within walking distance of my destination guys?

Dom

Quote from: Bob on January 22, 2016, 10:54:27 AM
Can anyone help ? I might have to go to Bagnall St ( by waterside st) in West Brom there's one nx route that stops right outside where I need to go it's a 40 something the one that uses mini e200  & goes to and from Tipton.  are there any other route that would get me within walking distance of my destination guys?

44?

Quote from: Bob on January 22, 2016, 10:54:27 AM
Central Buses 30
The 44 dosen't go to Tipton anymore and is West Bromwich - Harvils Hawthorne Circular it only goes to Tipton on Sundays now when operated by Igo.
Google Maps says the 75 (Birmingham City Centre - Wednesbury) stops a 13 minute walk away.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk