News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 13, 2015, 08:46:45 PM
Personally, I think that drunk people shouldn't be allowed on the bus because they cause public disturbance and most of them piss on the floor.

No, most drunk people do not piss on the floor.

Just the occasional dirty b*****d

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 13, 2015, 08:47:59 PM
To be honest I would prefer to work early shifts to late night shifts. Both of these reported are absolutely disgraceful

Forget that. 4-6am starts. Forget that lol. I don't touch anything before 9am. I don't mind late. It's an experience lol. The fight wasn't a late night bus. It was in the afternoon peak.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2015, 08:58:13 PM
No, most drunk people do not piss on the floor.

Just the occasional dirty b*****d

I was going to say the same thing. Over the years, going back to my late teens, I've caught many a late night Friday or Saturday bus from town whilst much the worse for wear. I've done nothing worse than fall asleep and wake up at the Bartley Green terminus (or Quinton bus garage on one occasion). Most drunk people go quietly about their business without offending anyone, it's the minority of a***holes who behave inappropriately.

It's a common pre conception that late nite buses = more trouble , from listening to colleagues the very early buses have there fair share of troubles with people going home from late nite bars or clubs, during the day vastly more people about so the odds of trouble go up IMO .
I personally can't stand west brom garage day time dutys it's a complete mess you have a pick and mix of dutys like early,middle,split,combo in a week, at hockley we had a week of earlies,middles ,splits and late nights you had continuity not this load of crap.

B.C Driver

Quote from: 2900 on October 14, 2015, 10:36:18 AM
It's a common pre conception that late nite buses = more trouble , from listening to colleagues the very early buses have there fair share of troubles with people going home from late nite bars or clubs, during the day vastly more people about so the odds of trouble go up IMO .
I personally can't stand west brom garage day time dutys it's a complete mess you have a pick and mix of dutys like early,middle,split,combo in a week, at hockley we had a week of earlies,middles ,splits and late nights you had continuity not this load of crap.

At BC we have late night rotas, school rotas, 4 day rotas, 5 day rotas, twilight rotas...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Mike K

President 4057 is on the 80 this evening.

AV4248

Think somebody at WB should have a look at 810. On the 47 currently with a very bad sounding creaking noise from around the middle of the bus!

Sh4318

Quote from: AV4248 on October 17, 2015, 10:24:11 AM
Think somebody at WB should have a look at 810. On the 47 currently with a very bad sounding creaking noise from around the middle of the bus!

Isn't that normal for the Enviro 200s ;)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

Quick question,  is the Bagnall St that the 44 goes down, the same Bagnall St that the 311/313 goes past the end of just before Wednesbury?  I get off about halfway down near Waterside St for work occasionally,  if it's the right street how long would it take to walk from the 311/3 stop? This could potentially avoid me needing to go to West Bromwich and catch the 44!

Stu

Quote from: Bob on October 17, 2015, 02:03:49 PM
Quick question,  is the Bagnall St that the 44 goes down, the same Bagnall St that the 311/313 goes past the end of just before Wednesbury?  I get off about halfway down near Waterside St for work occasionally,  if it's the right street how long would it take to walk from the 311/3 stop? This could potentially avoid me needing to go to West Bromwich and catch the 44!

Nope, it's a different Bagnall Street. It's about a 35 minute walk from there to Waterside St according to Google Maps.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

WB

Quote from: AV4248 on October 17, 2015, 10:24:11 AM

Drive 810 quite often and its been making this noise for quite a while now! Really bad squeak from middle/rear of bus made worse on bumps. Sounds like a rubber mount is worn but nothing ever gets done about it

AV4248

Just seen 4233 on the 129, looks like it's back from some sort of front end repairs. Brighter red has been sprayed onto the front and has now been given a front logo, though it's side and rear blind weren't working when I walked past it.

AV4248

So I've just got off 4250 on the 47, been a very long time since going on a double decker on the route.

This is getting a bit ridiculous now I think, don't think the driver wasn't to happy either. Nevertheless  was quite fun ride.

I promise this is the last time I'll say anything about the route now!

uniquicity

Quote from: AV4248 on October 24, 2015, 06:02:43 PM
So I've just got off 4250 on the 47, been a very long time since going on a double decker on the route.

This is getting a bit ridiculous now I think, don't think the driver wasn't to happy either. Nevertheless  was quite fun ride.

I promise this is the last time I'll say anything about the route now!

It's fine, carry on. Not enough WB talk on here ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk