News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

WB certainly does seem to be ADL Enviro city - Mercs going, Geminis lost to AG; suppose at least the 57 reg ones are decent and good to have Scanias coming in as well.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 30, 2015, 10:39:55 AM
@2900

WB must be getting a fair number of AG's Scanias in that case - will be good for WB to have some - beats the ADLs! AG/YW's Euro 5 batch are the best Scanias I've found.
Euro 5? I thought they were Euro 4, they sound exactly like the 57 reg ones.

Liberator9

They are Euro 5 the YW/AG versions - there is a subtle difference between the engine/gearbox - firstly the Euro 5 batch are much smoother at changing gear, don't vibrate on idle as the Euro 4s do and engine is more "growly" (if that makes any sense) on the Euro 4s. There are not my videos, but when pulling away you can hear a difference

Euro 4
                Euro 5

Just been looking at AG,s fleet list quite a sizeable fleet of scanias they have there, as I mentioned before 83/89 could go back to single decks, why not 127/8/9 as well apart from peaks it doesn't warrant double decks. Just have to wait I think by September all will be clear.

Liberator9

Yeah that would sense it would - hopefully something like that will happen. The 37 down at AG, which usually has Scanias, has been mainly Geminis over the last few days. AG now got a fair few spare Geminis with the incoming ones so with the E200MMCs issues (surprise surprise) delaying their delivery (wish NX were having B8RLEs instead) think the 37 is having Geminis on in sizeable number now to allow the Scanias to be transferred out still on time. At least that's what I've seen on here..

Ashley 60171

Maybe the OmniStinks will replace a few Presidents as well

don

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 30, 2015, 11:19:10 AM

I would think only enough to replace the Mercs. The rest to Walsall to release the B7RLEs for elsewhere.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 30, 2015, 11:19:10 AM

I hope not.  There's plenty of 18XX in Slutton as it is, without more filth coming in by way of the Axis of Evil, aka the 451.
Don't you start.

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

The Real 4778

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on May 31, 2015, 08:00:51 AM
It's the 5 now

For people only capable of remembering a single digit, maybe.  If you're from here and used it before silliness set in, it will always be the 451, like the 377 will always be itself.

Don't you start.

Westy

Ashley 60171

Quote from: The Real 4778 on May 31, 2015, 07:49:01 AM
I hope not.  There's plenty of 18XX in Slutton as it is, without more filth coming in by way of the Axis of Evil, aka the 451.

I don't want that to happen. If the Presidents came off the 451. My spotter side would like to see it fully 42xx operated but I do like the Presidents.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 31, 2015, 09:54:51 AM
I don't want that to happen. If the Presidents came off the 451. My spotter side would like to see it fully 42xx operated but I do like the Presidents.

The Volvo ALX breed will always be welcome in Scutter. 

Right now we get them from PB via the main road and occasionally the 907, from Warsaw on the 377 and 366, and sometimes they come via the Axis of Evil.  However, that route is more often the conduit for horrible little buses like 839 which I had the misfortune to catch a couple of weeks ago.
Don't you start.

I,m thinking refurbed 4700 gems could go on the 451 service being euro 3 no problem, if plackys are to be moved on, from a drivers point of view this would be a down grade, presidents wipe the floor with 4700s gems.
4500s all but gone now from West Bromwich, the grand plan of vehicle simplification of most garages I.e less vehicle types one or two types of single or double decker seems to be playing out.
If you look at what's left West Bromwich its not hard to work out the rest.
I won't spoil it for every one, reading some of the ideas poeple post all part of the fun.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: 2900 on June 01, 2015, 10:34:01 AM
I,m thinking refurbed 4700 gems could go on the 451 service being euro 3 no problem, if plackys are to be moved on, from a drivers point of view this would be a down grade, presidents wipe the floor with 4700s gems.
4500s all but gone now from West Bromwich, the grand plan of vehicle simplification of most garages I.e less vehicle types one or two types of single or double decker seems to be playing out.
If you look at what's left West Bromwich its not hard to work out the rest.
I won't spoil it for every one, reading some of the ideas poeple post all part of the fun.

4505 on 127/8/9
4503 on 82/87

For anybody who may be looking.

Mits off the 451 Presidents for now thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk