News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I don't think that's too unusual. Buses, especially in the past have been covered up and identities hidden after accident or fire damage. I think at one time it was also the norm to move these vehicles around at night between locations.

don

Quote from: Gareth on April 26, 2015, 11:23:34 PM
I don't think that's too unusual. Buses, especially in the past have been covered up and identities hidden after accident or fire damage. I think at one time it was also the norm to move these vehicles around at night between locations.

Well certainly in the case of severely damaged vehicles (although I well remember almost swerving off the A456 in the middle of the day looking at a Midland Red coach being towed - some months after a bad roll over accident on the M5 - the coach plus roof took up the whole traffic lane) but in the case of a relatively minor damage as shown in the Twitter fire brigade picture of the B7RLE it seems a little ott to be covering up the number plates and fleet numbers - makes you wonder what the reason is ........
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

WB

Quote from: don on April 27, 2015, 12:14:06 AM
Well certainly in the case of severely damaged vehicles (although I well remember almost swerving off the A456 in the middle of the day looking at a Midland Red coach being towed - some months after a bad roll over accident on the M5 - the coach plus roof took up the whole traffic lane) but in the case of a relatively minor damage as shown in the Twitter fire brigade picture of the B7RLE it seems a little ott to be covering up the number plates and fleet numbers - makes you wonder what the reason is ........

Well its all definately covered. Had a cheeky walk around it yesterday and couldnt tell you any details about it. Theyve even gone to the trouble of making sure the paper taped over the bus number is coloured so you cant see through it!
I wonder if they'll do it with the bus thats gone up in smoke in wednesbury this morning???

Squiz1971

4762 on 82 or 87 this morning around 8:20

BU07 LGO

Not su8re if its already been mentioned but one of the wb unbranded presidents has been named?

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 30, 2015, 07:07:41 PM
Not sure if its already been mentioned but one of the wb unbranded presidents has been named?
Yeah, been mentioned before... Unofficially named 'Susan Lynn' or something if I remember correctly. Not the same font used is not the same as the ones on Enviros. Name was only on the rear, wasn't it?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on April 30, 2015, 08:43:55 PM
Yeah, been mentioned before... Unofficially named 'Susan Lynn' or something if I remember correctly. Not the same font used is not the same as the ones on Enviros. Name was only on the rear, wasn't it?

4084. I saw it a few months back
Quote from: John on February 18, 2015, 05:14:52 PM
4084 seems to have adopted an unofficial name (I guess) only on the rear in a different style of lettering. I think it was 'Sarah Lynn' or similar

Quote from: John on February 19, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
Can confirm it is 'Sarah Lynn'. On the 5 today

uniquicity

Following on from the review thread, wouldn't the turn from St Marys Road onto Bearwood High St (and vice versa) be too tight for a Scania on the 48 and 49?

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on May 03, 2015, 12:41:09 PM
Following on from the review thread, wouldn't the turn from St Marys Road onto Bearwood High St (and vice versa) be too tight for a Scania on the 48 and 49?

Why? how long do you think they are compared to a Mercedes?

WB

Scania's back at west brom? Whens this supposed to be happening? They went to walsall just before i started there so never had the chance to drive one :(

WB keep your ears open a lot of the rumours gossip floating around the garage is true, I use to take it all with a pinch of salt.

uniquicity

Quote from: Tony on May 03, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
Why? how long do you think they are compared to a Mercedes?

Don't shoot the messenger. Someone in the other thread mentioned they were bigger

GeminiFan1991

With the arrival of Enviros from YW, have any Geminis left for AG ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

BU07 LGO

Quote from: BusFan on May 03, 2015, 02:49:40 PM
With the arrival of Enviros from YW, have any Geminis left for AG ?!

Was it confirmed they're going to ag?

I thought the enviros were replacements for the b7 alx gone to wa

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 03, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
Was it confirmed they're going to ag?

I thought the enviros were replacements for the b7 alx gone to wa

I believe someone mentioned it on another thread. I thought the Geminis leaving was balancing off the Enviros arriving.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk