News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

It looks as though someone has spotted a franchise breach as the Marston Green stops are re-instated under STP.

Tony

danny

Thanks for the heads up Tony. They are striking, are this due for the snow Hill lines???
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on February 25, 2020, 06:13:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up Tony. They are striking, are this due for the snow Hill lines???

They are to replace 170s and 153s, so Worcester, Shrewsbury and with some making the numbers up on Snow Hill Lines

Sh4318

As much as I welcome the arrival of the 196s, I am going to miss the 153s. The 170s - not so much - I didn't know how good a 170 could be until I travelled on ScotRail ::)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

WMT seriously needs to look at the state of their Desiro's. Threadbare in first class ffs???

Tony

Quote from: Bob on March 08, 2020, 02:50:54 AM
WMT seriously needs to look at the state of their Desiro's. Threadbare in first class ffs???

They are. They are being fully refurbished. but you cannot take 30 units out of traffic at one time

mikestone

No services in or out of Euston after 21.00 tonight due to OLE damage. As far as I can see WMT are turning some at Watford, Avanti just cancelling trains throughout.

16:43 from Solihull towards Moor Street, was terminating short of Stourbridge at Rowley Regis earlier today.
Also noticed the one behind was terminating short of Kidderminster at Hagley, never seen a train terminate at Hagley before.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

D10

Quote from: 2206 on March 09, 2020, 06:15:07 PM
16:43 from Solihull towards Moor Street, was terminating short of Stourbridge at Rowley Regis earlier today.
Also noticed the one behind was terminating short of Kidderminster at Hagley, never seen a train terminate at Hagley before.

It didn't in the end it was terminated at Stourbridge Junction rather than Hagley.

The train after this one also ran fast between Stourbridge and Worcester Shrub Hill not calling at any intermediate station.

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on February 15, 2020, 11:25:01 AM
I believe WMR are taking some more 153s of EMR this week.

The first 196 is also due soon. It will arrive at Tyseley by Road

Did the 153s materialise?
Two more TPE 397 diagrams from yesterday so some more 350/4 are presumably imminentm

B61 ANDREW

Noticed on RTT today was a 2Z08 working from Brum to Bromsgrove and a 5Z08 return to Tyseley .Hoping for something "interesting" but got 170-504, people in suits on the train on both workings and when departing north , I noticed a guy with a lot of posh gear filming the run from the second mans seat. Any ideas folks ??

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on March 16, 2020, 11:31:10 AM
Noticed on RTT today was a 2Z08 working from Brum to Bromsgrove and a 5Z08 return to Tyseley .Hoping for something "interesting" but got 170-504, people in suits on the train on both workings and when departing north , I noticed a guy with a lot of posh gear filming the run from the second mans seat. Any ideas folks ??

2Z08 went from Birmingham to Bromsgrove via the Camp Hill line and so I wonder if it is anything to do with the plan to reopen the line to passenger traffic.

I did notice 5Z08 returned to Birmingham via University however.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

Yes - there was a press release.
;
West Midlands Trains
   West Midlands Trains logotype

Boost for Birmingham rail users as first passenger train in 80 years runs on Camp Hill line
West Midlands Trains - Mar 16, 2020 11:27 GMT

Jonny Wiseman of West Midlands Railway, Mayor Andy Street and Geoff Grant from Transport Focus with the special train

The reopening of a former railway line in south Birmingham moved a step closer today (Mon 16 March) after a local passenger train travelled the route for the first time in nearly 80 years.

The Camp Hill line has been closed to passengers since 1941 but plans, drawn up by West Midlands Mayor Andy Street, are in place to open the line up again with new stations at Moseley, Kings Heath and Hazelwell.

And these plans moved a step closer this morning when a West Midlands Railway (WMR) train, carrying the Mayor, WMR's customer experience director Jonny Wiseman and other representatives from across the rail industry, travelled along the line.

The train followed the route of what would be the re-opened line, pausing at the Moseley, Kings Heath, and Hazelwell sites before arriving into Kings Norton - and later returning to Birmingham New Street. The purpose of this inspection train was to explore how new passenger services on the Camp Hill line would work.

West Midlands Mayor Andy Street said: "I am delighted we are pressing ahead with plans to reopen the Camp Hill line to passengers, and it was great to be on the first passenger train to travel on the line in nearly 80 years.

"This line, which also represents another step forward in my 20-year transport plan for the West Midlands, will provide residents in South Birmingham with easier and faster connections to get to the places they need to go, whilst also offering people a real alternative to the car – helping to ease congestion and improve the air we breathe."

Today's inspection train comes as plans for the three new stations progress.

Kings Heath and Hazelwell stations have already been granted planning permission, with the application for Moseley due to be submitted imminently. The Government has already pledged £15million to help build the three stations, which will be led by Transport for the West Midlands and the West Midlands Rail Executive (WMRE) in partnership with Network Rail and WMR's parent company West Midlands Trains.

Jonny Wiseman, customer experience director for WMR, which will run the services on the Camp Hill line, said: "This is an exciting and visionary plan to transform local train services for our customers in the south of Birmingham. We are working closely with WMRE, Network Rail and the Mayor in order to turn this vision into reality.

"Passengers set to benefit from the quicker route along the Camp Hill line can also look forward to travelling on the brand new train fleet we are introducing as part of our £1billion investment into the rail network."

About West Midlands Trains

For further information on this release

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: mikestone on March 16, 2020, 04:50:56 PM
Boost for Birmingham rail users as first passenger train in 80 years runs on Camp Hill line

Jonny Wiseman of West Midlands Railway, Mayor Andy Street and Geoff Grant from Transport Focus with the special train

utter bullsh!t & Andy 'Photo-op' Street in the same paragraph, there's a shock.

- Said no one ever...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk