News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

ex. 22,23,24 Hybrids

Started by Jack D, November 30, 2017, 07:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

Any idea where these buses will be going soon, hopefully 94 etc.

John

karl724223

Pensnett on the 245/6 service

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on November 30, 2017, 07:44:03 PM
Any idea where these buses will be going soon, hopefully 94 etc.

At the moment, they seem to be heading to Walsall... for a repaint at least. Beyond that, unless Tony or anyone else 'in the know' cares to confirm, the rest of us will just have to 'wait and see' ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on November 30, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
At the moment, they seem to be heading to Walsall... for a repaint at least. Beyond that, unless Tony or anyone else 'in the know' cares to confirm, the rest of us will just have to 'wait and see' ;)

I'm assuming John is in the know and he's confirmed the 63

Trident 4194

John

Quote from: Mike K on November 30, 2017, 08:12:05 PM
I'm assuming John is in the know and he's confirmed the 63

It was in the company brief email a while back. Can't seem to find it again though looking back!

Tony

Quote from: John on November 30, 2017, 08:18:02 PM
It was in the company brief email a while back. Can't seem to find it again though looking back!

Yes, 63 for 5501-18

I,ll add this driver gossip here, the Volvo Hybrids cascading to West Bromwich garage for use on the 120 service when the rest of the running boards come next Feb.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on December 01, 2017, 09:24:11 AM
I,ll add this driver gossip here, the Volvo Hybrids cascading to West Bromwich garage for use on the 120 service when the rest of the running boards come next Feb.

No plans for them to move anywhere. They are complicated vehicles and it makes sense for them to stay where the engineers are used to them.

winston

Quote from: 2900 on December 01, 2017, 09:24:11 AM

If the rest of the 120 is moving to WB, what will PN have in return to replace the lost work?

B.C Driver

Think the gossip can end now that Tony has confirmed the B5s are going on the 63 and it looks like they'll be staying at BC for the rest of their lives, unless the company wants to waste time and money training engineers (and drivers) at other garages to repair them etc.

Theres been notes up at BC for a week or so now saying that 63 drivers need to be type trained on them.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Quote from: Winston on December 01, 2017, 10:33:26 AM
If the rest of the 120 is moving to WB, what will PN have in return to replace the lost work?
the talk is a 74E service Dudley to West Bromwich bus station and the new X87 service will operated by the farm, I did read the farm doesn't the capacity to operate these new services , I thought there was extra land there.

winston

Quote from: 2900 on December 02, 2017, 02:57:16 PM
the talk is a 74E service Dudley to West Bromwich bus station and the new X87 service will operated by the farm, I did read the farm doesn't the capacity to operate these new services , I thought there was extra land there.

PN does have all the extra land that the staff car park is on & where the reserve fleet are stored. I expect it would need resurfacing as a minimum, if to be used to park the service fleet on. NX did look at expanding PN in to a 150 allocation bus depot a few years back, think it was around the time there were rumours of Oak Road depot closing. But didn't get any further & Oak Road is obviously still used.

Quote from: 2900 on December 02, 2017, 02:57:16 PM
Rumour also 126 Dudley to City.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk