News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stop trial

Started by monkeyjoe, September 26, 2017, 07:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Interesting stops being missed out for faster flow. Wonder if it will make a difference? Driving In Brum yesterday I didn't realise how bad it had become.

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/bus-stop-changes-from-sunday-1st-october-2017-for-routes-8a-8c-45-47-50-63

karl724223

Birmingham shitty council
Poor traffic management
Non existent parking enforcement
Roadworks on top of roadworks
Are killing public transport just look at broad st area at the moment total ball up

monkeyjoe

In London people don't use bus lanes . I think once Brum publish details of people being punished should help, there is no enforcement in Brum.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 26, 2017, 08:31:58 PM
In London people don't use bus lanes . I think once Brum publish details of people being punished should help, there is no enforcement in Brum.

No, of course there is no enforcement in Birmingham, only all the fixed cameras and the mobile ones currently being used

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on September 26, 2017, 08:08:21 PM
Birmingham shitty council
Poor traffic management
Non existent parking enforcement
Roadworks on top of roadworks
Are killing public transport just look at broad st area at the moment total ball up

How long are the delays in broad street?  At different times of the day?

the trainbasher

No, completely against it. Discriminatory to those who would not be able to walk the 400m gap.

Centro and National Express are opening themselves to a Equality act suit.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Walsall1955

Are bus lanes in Perry Barr effectively policed nowadays?
10 years ago some were not:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/walsall1955/29865218534/

Tony

Quote from: Walsall1955 on September 26, 2017, 08:42:57 PM
Are bus lanes in Perry Barr effectively policed nowadays?
10 years ago some were not:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/walsall1955/29865218534/

They are randomly using a camera car on the A34 now, but fixed cameras are also planned

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2017, 08:47:27 PM
They are randomly using a camera car on the A34 now, but fixed cameras are also planned

To enforce using a camera car requires the car to be static with a Civil Enforcement Officer or other Authorised Person to be in attendance as it's required to be in "Attended Mode".

But of course that all depends on if the bus lane has a traffic regulation order

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 26, 2017, 08:49:33 PM
To enforce using a camera car requires the car to be static with a Civil Enforcement Officer or other Authorised Person to be in attendance as it's required to be in "Attended Mode".

But of course that all depends on if the bus lane has a traffic regulation order

Yes, Birmingham Council are doing it by the book, There's usually Safer Travel officers present as well

monkeyjoe

My point is the fact they are being used is only a very recent course of events (mths). I still see Midlands Today down here.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 26, 2017, 09:00:54 PM
My point is the fact they are being used is only a very recent course of events (mths). I still see Midlands Today down here.

There have been 11 active permanent cameras in Birmingham since 2011

monkeyjoe

11 in a city the size of Brum "Great".

:D

Also against this.

It's yet another plaster to the leaking boat that is congestion problem. You block one hole, another hole will appear.

More bus lanes and more fixed cameras (or in London, they use cameras in the bus to spot people driving in bus lanes) will make public transport travel quicker and smoother which encourages car drivers to start using bus.

Kevin

I am all for this actually
Many routes around the city have some unnecessary bus stops, like one on either side of an island, and when just one person gets on at every stop for 6/7 in a row then suddenly you've added 2/3/4 minutes to the journey already
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk