News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Kevin on September 22, 2018, 12:18:23 PM
Now in use, albeit with temporary lights at the moment, and a temporary stop on George Road
X20/21/22 all using it and all stopping everywhere along the route through The Vale and down Bath Row as well

Edit.
Sorry, they miss a stop on Bath Row. That makes them "express"...

2 actually ;)

But yes, I agree. Hardly "express" anymore.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

I noticed yesterday that the outbound bus stop on Harborne Road, at the junction with Brook Road, has been permanently relocated to just after the Richmond Hill Road junction.

Moving this stop is in the Harborne Road bus lane proposals so I'm hoping this means work on that will be starting soon. It can't come soon enough, although it still wouldn't have helped much this morning when it took 35 minutes to get from War Lane to the Green Man.

MasterPlan

So I heard a rumour today that the changes made are just a 6 month trial with NX wanting to see if they will work. Apparently this came from one of the drivers. I doubt it myself, but any truth to this at all?

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 29, 2018, 06:30:39 PM
So I heard a rumour today that the changes made are just a 6 month trial with NX wanting to see if they will work. Apparently this came from one of the drivers. I doubt it myself, but any truth to this at all?

I have also heard this but from another customer whilst waiting for a bus. NX haven't done that in the past though have they?, so why would these be an exception?  ???

Tony

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 29, 2018, 07:48:03 PM
I have also heard this but from another customer whilst waiting for a bus. NX haven't done that in the past though have they?, so why would these be an exception?  ???

Complete rubbish

MasterPlan

So, seeing as that 7 months have passed since these changes were implemented, will NX be reviewing them at all? They must have an idea about what has worked, hasn't worked, needs tweaking etc.

Apart from a slight change to the 61 I haven't heard about anything else?

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 16, 2019, 04:52:36 PM
So, seeing as that 7 months have passed since these changes were implemented, will NX be reviewing them at all? They must have an idea about what has worked, hasn't worked, needs tweaking etc.

Cough uni services don't work at peaks cough

B.C Driver

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 16, 2019, 04:52:36 PM

63s need frequency improving. The 63 always seems very busy compared to the 61.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MasterPlan

Quote from: B.C Driver on February 16, 2019, 07:23:55 PM
63s need frequency improving. The 63 always seems very busy compared to the 61.

Well it serves more areas than the 61. Perhaps the extention to the 61 might help it.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 16, 2019, 04:53:22 PM
Cough uni services don't work at peaks cough

Would you like to elaborate on that further?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on February 16, 2019, 07:31:05 PM

Not sure about the mornings but in the evenings the services are chaos. X20s often in convoys and x22s get very late too. And the B7RLES on the x21 are inadequate for the passengers in the peak especially however during the day they can also be quite full. Some more time adding to the timetables might help but then that would increase PVRs

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on February 16, 2019, 07:31:05 PM

They've quite frankly failed across the board. Can't think of any positives.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 18, 2019, 05:42:42 PM
Surely some of the blame should lie with Birmingham City Council and the Highways Agency for not providing enough bus priorities !

monkeyjoe

Does anyone. Think the express 47 they were proposing at consultation , could have worked if pursed ?

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 18, 2019, 05:42:42 PM
The extra capacity and double decker platinum buses on the X20/22 must be a positive for Uni/QE to B'ham passengers. They weren't that frequent and less buses were on there prior to the changes. A few years back there was an every 20 minute 636 using small midi buses instead, so its a massive improvement over that. NX can't control traffic problems as they are beyond there control.

The original proposal was that the 47 would have gone via University I think, putting more buses on that corridor. Similar to what the X20/21/22 do, so not like the X51/X7 if that's what you mean. They've already increased the frequency on that corridor with the new routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk