News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brummie45

Any news yet on the outcome of the consultation.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Eric Shaw

I am not trying to start a rumour but it would be interesting if the changes take place on 22nd July. The schools will have broken up and Solihull is due to go euro4. There would be plenty of transfers.

sonic84

Had a leaflet through the post today from Conservative campaigners opposing the changes to the 24 that says a final decision will not made until July.

monkeyjoe

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 26, 2018, 08:05:06 PM
What changes to the 24 ?

The proposed change to the 24 was for it to go from Highfield Lane, up Simmons Drive and all the way down Quinton Road West to its junction with West Boulevard (the old Monarch pub) - then via reverse of outward route. This would be instead of the current large Simmons Drive / Quinton Road West loop.

monkeyjoe

I see isn't serving more of the area then?

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 26, 2018, 09:14:09 PM
I see isn't serving more of the area then?

No - it would mean it missing out a number of the current stops along Simmons Drive, although it would mean shorter and more direct journeys for people living along the Quinton Road West section of the route.

sonic84

Quote from: Mike K on April 26, 2018, 08:17:34 PM
The proposed change to the 24 was for it to go from Highfield Lane, up Simmons Drive and all the way down Quinton Road West to its junction with West Boulevard (the old Monarch pub) - then via reverse of outward route. This would be instead of the current large Simmons Drive / Quinton Road West loop.

Yes the large loop isn't normally a problem but can mean a fairly long walk early mornings or evenings where buses run out of service to or from the terminus meaning the full loop isn't served, or there is a long wait at the terminus as it takes up service back to Birmingham.

Either solution is going to inconvenience passengers.

The only solutions I can think of is if they did something similar to the 97 loop where the 24 rubs the full loop up to Four Dwellings, and then came back on itself and did the loop in the opposite direction.

Alternatively they could introduce a 24A and it have run via Highfield Lane and Simmons Drive in both directions, and the 24 runs via Quinton Road West in both directions with both terminating at The Monach.

winston

PD0001111/638 Cancelled
WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LIMITED
Route: Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Hawkesley
Service number: 84 (84)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 22 Jul 2018

PD0001111/41 Cancelled
Route: Birmingham to Frankley via Harborne, Northfield
Service number: 29 (29, 29S)

Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2018, 06:53:38 PM
PD0001111/638 Cancelled
Route: Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Hawkesley
Service number: 84 (84)

PD0001111/41 Cancelled
Route: Birmingham to Frankley via Harborne, Northfield
Service number: 29 (29, 29S)
X22 as well.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/520089/
Birmingham City Centre to Woodgate via Birmingham University.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on June 11, 2018, 07:08:21 PM
X22 as well.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/520089/
Birmingham City Centre to Woodgate via Birmingham University.

My guess is that the new X22 will run as 22 from Woodgate to Barnes Hill, then as 29 to Harborne Lane, the QE Hospital and University and the express via Aston boulevard to Bristol Road then as X61.

JPC

And a new X20 replacing service 98 ? (ref)

Dom

Quote from: JPC on June 11, 2018, 07:53:32 PM
And a new X20 replacing service 98 ? (ref)

Because that route number isn't going to cause confusion with a certain Johnsons route.

Mike K

Given the X20, and the fact that they are shown as going via University, I would suspect they'll go via The Vale, Edgbaston Park Road, rather than Bristol Road, replacing the 98 and X64. Not sure how / where they'll be Limited Stop though - they won't be quick routes, that's for sure.

I fear that may be the end of the 22 too, with the 23 changed to a 10 min frequency.

monkeyjoe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk