News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stait

It would add to the PVR and congestion would be an issue but it would've been better to extend the 27 onto Five Ways surely? More connections and links?

YW duecto swap a number of 43xx Tridents with PL 45xx ones that will be fitted with traps.

Jack

Quote from: John Stait on June 15, 2018, 05:46:58 PM
YW duecto swap a number of 43xx Tridents with PL 45xx ones that will be fitted with traps.
4578-84 would be most likely to keep the Voith 45** together. Unless more 43** BV52's get trapped.

B.C Driver

By the sound of it there will be more buses on the Bristol Rd which will be a good thing.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MasterPlan

Quote from: B.C Driver on June 16, 2018, 12:29:55 PM
By the sound of it there will be more buses on the Bristol Rd which will be a good thing.

What other routes apart from the 61 and 63?

Or is it just the PVR going up from the X61 to the 61?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: B.C Driver on June 16, 2018, 12:29:55 PM
I wonder if the 61 and 63 will revert back to what it was before the X61 was intruduced which was every 10 mins each, if it is then the PVR will be nearly the same.
It looks like the branded Hybrid buses for the 63 was a waste of time, there won't be enough Hybrids for both routes so there will have to be a rethink.

B.C Driver

Dont quote me on it but heard the 61 and 63 will be 8 mins each.

I would expect one of the X20, X21 or X22 to serve part of Bristol Rd too probably between Selly Oak and City.

Remember we had 61, 62 and 63. Then the 62 was axed and became X62 which was then axed and changed to 98 we had X64 between City and Selly Oak which now follows 98 route, then the 61 and 63 were left to soldier on, then the 61 became limited stop using a different route through Selly Oak. The Bristol Rd is a very busy route particually around the university, it cant continue as it is now.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: B.C Driver on June 16, 2018, 03:08:23 PM

I would expect one of the X20, X21 or X22 to serve part of Bristol Rd too probably between Selly Oak and City.

Remember we had 61, 62 and 63. Then the 62 was axed and became X62 which was then axed and changed to 98 we had X64 between City and Selly Oak which now follows 98 route, then the 61 and 63 were left to soldier on, then the 61 became limited stop using a different route through Selly Oak. The Bristol Rd is a very busy route particually around the university, it cant continue as it is now.

Presumeably there wouldn't be enough Platinum's spare to increase the frequency of the X61 hence why it's reverting to the 61. With former X61 Platinum's being required elsewhere

GeminiFan1991

In the Dudley review, it was mentioned some routes being made Platinum but no additional vehicles will be purchased (Unless I misread a post). Would the ex X61 vehicles be sent there ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 16, 2018, 03:30:56 PM
In the Dudley review, it was mentioned some routes being made Platinum but no additional vehicles will be purchased (Unless I misread a post). Would the ex X61 vehicles be sent there ?

Doubt it, the new X7 & X8 will be Platinum but the current Dudley - Birmingham 126 section (new 15) will be downgraded to standard buses

Mike K

Quote from: Winston on June 16, 2018, 03:15:59 PM
Presumeably there wouldn't be enough Platinum's spare to increase the frequency of the X61 hence why it's reverting to the 61. With former X61 Platinum's being required elsewhere

No idea what the PVRs of these new and amended routes might be but I wonder if, with the current X61 branded Platinums and the 67 plate Harborne corridor ones, there will be enough (approx 44-45) for the 23/24 and X20/X21/X22 to be Platinum routes?

Quote from: B.C Driver on June 16, 2018, 03:08:23 PM

If any of them go via the Bristol Road between Selly Oak and the City Centre, i'd expect that it'd be the X21
(X64 replacement), as the registrations for the X20 and X22 both show via University on the registration
suggesting the'll go via Edgbaston Park Road.
The X21 is the only one that doesn't show that and shows via Weoley Castle.
Quote from: Mike K on June 11, 2018, 08:01:45 PM
Given the X20, and the fact that they are shown as going via University, I would suspect they'll go via The Vale, Edgbaston Park Road, rather than Bristol Road, replacing the 98 and X64. Not sure how / where they'll be Limited Stop though - they won't be quick routes, that's for sure.

I fear that may be the end of the 22 too, with the 23 changed to a 10 min frequency.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on June 16, 2018, 03:52:00 PM
If any of them go via the Bristol Road between Selly Oak and the City Centre, i'd expect that it'd be the X21
(X64 replacement), as the registrations for the X20 and X22 both show via University on the registration
suggesting the'll go via Edgbaston Park Road.
The X21 is the only one that doesn't show that and shows via Weoley Castle.

I really hope not. I was relieved when the X64 was taken away from the traffic-plagued Bristol Road. It also doesn't say these routes will serve the QE but you'd imagine at least one of them will! No services between QE and City is ludicrous, as is none between Weoley Castle and Bartley Green and QE.
Additionally the build up of traffic around the Aston Webb Boulevard new road is terrible. To the point that I wonder if sending them up Harborne Lane would be quicker. Maybe when the construction is finished in Selly Oak things will be better (better traffic flow was promised) but who knows.

sonic84

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 16, 2018, 04:43:26 PM
I really hope not. I was relieved when the X64 was taken away from the traffic-plagued Bristol Road. It also doesn't say these routes will serve the QE but you'd imagine at least one of them will! No services between QE and City is ludicrous, as is none between Weoley Castle and Bartley Green and QE.
Additionally the build up of traffic around the Aston Webb Boulevard new road is terrible. To the point that I wonder if sending them up Harborne Lane would be quicker. Maybe when the construction is finished in Selly Oak things will be better (better traffic flow was promised) but who knows.

Where the 48 used to use Harborne Lane rather than the Selly Oak bypass, if both a 48 and 98 left the QE at the same time the 48 would often be quicker getting to the roundabout at the top of Harborne Lane. The traffic at peak time is horrific around there!

MasterPlan

Quote from: sonic84 on June 16, 2018, 06:33:49 PM
Where the 48 used to use Harborne Lane rather than the Selly Oak bypass, if both a 48 and 98 left the QE at the same time the 48 would often be quicker getting to the roundabout at the top of Harborne Lane. The traffic at peak time is horrific around there!

Yes, exactly. There's nothing express about it. I do wonder whether any routes will be made to go through the Life Sciences Park and Retail Unit when it's built, it said on the website initially that there would be.

V89MOA

Quote from: sonic84 on June 16, 2018, 06:33:49 PM
Wasn't that traffic also the reason given for rerouting the 76 away from Selly Oak a few months back? It's probably been a big contributing factor to the X61 failing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk