News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Front Logo Moved

Started by jrwxyz, June 25, 2012, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrwxyz

Why have quite a few of Walsall's Enviros had the NXWM logo moved from the red part of the front to the window? What are they planning?

John

Quote from: jrwxyz on June 25, 2012, 07:31:19 PM
Why have quite a few of Walsall's Enviros had the NXWM logo moved from the red part of the front to the window? What are they planning?

Those Enviro's have lost their logo's on the body, because they are going to operate on Olympic services (Not sure what exactly). Those are temporary logo's so that people know what operator the buses are from.

The buses been used can not have any logo's or advertisements on the inside or outside of the bus.

jrwxyz

Ahh, thanks. Why didn't they just wait until they were about to go and then do it though, instead of taking them off to stick on different ones? NXWM do love to waste their money on pointless tasks.

jrwxyz

And I didn't even notice that the side logos had gone. Doh!  :-[

nx4737

It's preparation, the Olympics aren't that far away now.

Nathan4775

Quote from: John-s-91 on June 25, 2012, 07:38:51 PM

Those Enviro's have lost their logo's on the body, because they are going to operate on Olympic services (Not sure what exactly). Those are temporary logo's so that people know what operator the buses are from.

The buses been used can not have any logo's or advertisements on the inside or outside of the bus.

Why carnt they have Advertisements & I didn't know the new Enviro400's carried Advertisement
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

nx4737

Quote from: NathanJC on June 26, 2012, 09:27:56 AM

Why carnt they have Advertisements & I didn't know the new Enviro400's carried Advertisement

Because that's what First want!

winston

Quote from: nx4737 on June 26, 2012, 03:34:06 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on June 26, 2012, 09:27:56 AM

Because that's what First want!

I don't think the Olympic work that NXWM buses will be used on is on subcontracted from First; I believe it's direct for the Olympic committee. First are using a brand new fleet of double deckers in their own livery and retain First Group logos etc

MW

Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2012, 04:48:59 PM
I don't think the Olympic work that NXWM buses will be used on is on subcontracted from First; I believe it's direct for the Olympic committee. First are using a brand new fleet of double deckers in their own livery and retain First Group logos etc

But if it was subcontracted from First, I would understand why they'd want the logos removed. I wouldn't be surprised if they put First logos on them whilst in London if they are subcontracted!

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 26, 2012, 05:28:57 PM

But if it was subcontracted from First, I would understand why they'd want the logos removed. I wouldn't be surprised if they put First logos on them whilst in London if they are subcontracted!

I'm pretty sure that Tony has already confirmed on another thread that this work is totally separate to the Olympic spectator shuttle work that First Group has won.

Tony

Another load of guesswork rubbish is being posted in this thread. I very much doubt even First buses on olympic work will have the first logo on

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2012, 05:42:12 PM

Another load of guesswork rubbish is being posted in this thread. I very much doubt even First buses on olympic work will have the first logo on

Guesswork rubbish? I said I wouldn't be surprised, and the exclamation mark suggests sarcasm.

winston

All new double deckers delivered for First Groups Olympic work have First Group logo's above drivers window/front doors, F logo's on front/rear, plus 'your Olympic Shuttle' in corporate style on both sides. This also includes the ex London Trident/Presidents & Trident/ALX400's that have been refurbished in addition for this work. If First can't have its own logo's on during this work, then why apply them on the new buses/re-furbished buses? Especially considering most have not/will not see use prior to the Olympics other than the 9 Enviros at FDC Plymouth for the Park & Ride work

Tony

Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2012, 06:35:05 PM

All new double deckers delivered for First Groups Olympic work have First Group logo's above drivers window/front doors, F logo's on front/rear, plus 'your Olympic Shuttle' in corporate style on both sides. This also includes the ex London Trident/Presidents & Trident/ALX400's that have been refurbished in addition for this work. If First can't have its own logo's on during this work, then why apply them on the new buses/re-furbished buses? Especially considering most have not/will not see use prior to the Olympics other than the 9 Enviros at FDC Plymouth for the Park & Ride work

First will have paid the Olympic committee an awful lot of money for being allowed to use their logo on the services, I think it is around £23,000,000 I was quoted as the starting figure for any company wanting to associate themselves with the olympics.

Ash

There was a brand new enviro 400 in the new first livery with a branding concerning the olympics on the M6 last week looking like it was being newly delivered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk