News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Why doesn't NXWM run more NX coach work?

Started by MW, June 06, 2017, 05:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable on the coach network of NX. My question is, why doesn't NX run services that depart from Birmingham/Wolverhampton/Coventry through NXWM? I know they have a few boards run from Walsall already, but that was due to a contract loss wasn't it?

Surely it'd be more cost effective if more work was run in house as oppose to contracted out?

Wouldn't a garage such as BC be an ideal depot to take on NX work?

Apologies if I'm missing something

markcf83

Tony can correct me if my memory is playing up but I'm sure Central has done NatEx work in the past. Cannot remember what route(s) however....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

winston

Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2017, 04:42:48 PM
Advertising for drivers in Dover at the moment

https://www.nationalexpress.jobs/jobs/vacancy/national-express-coach-driver---east-kent-dr00208/1986/description/

Kings Ferry are taking over all of Stagecoach East Kent's NX work approx 11 coaches worth from September I believe, not sure if as a result of Megabus competition on S.West NX routes in partnership with SGBC?

Justin Tyme

In response to MW's question, there are probably a number of factors, two of which may be: -

• Can other operators do the job more cheaply that NX itself can
  • Availability of drivers

I know it's not West Mids related but I now live in Inverness and today at Inverness Bus station there was a driver in full NX uniform driving one of Stagecoches Citylink liveried vehicles on service to Aviemore (34X). Is there interoperability between the two company's?

the trainbasher

@966 I assume that the vehicle was operated by Parks of Hamilton on behalf of Scottish Citylink, who I believe also do NX work

I've had a driver on Dover locals in NX uniform once when I was on my holidays

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk