News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva National numbering scheme suggestion.

Started by hitune70, May 17, 2017, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitune70

Here is an outline plan for an Arriva national fleet numbering scheme. It is an outline scheme as it would take forever to do an accurate one as withdrawals and new entries quickly make it obsolete.

10xxx.   Coaches
11xxx.   Optare Solo
12xxx.   Dennis/ADL Dart MPD size
13xxx.   Dennis/ADL Dart full size
14xxx.   Wrightbus Streetlites
19xxx.   Other minibus types.
20xxx.   VDL SB200/180
21xxx.   VDL SB120
22xxx.   Optare
23xxx.   Volvo B7/B10B
24xxx.   Scania (248xx MAN, 249xx Temsa)
25xxx    Mercedes Citaro (25500-999 ADL E300)
29xxx. . MAN CNG/ BYD electronic.

Double Deckers
30xxx.   VDL/Wrightbus DB,300
31xxx.   DAF/VDL DB250
32xxx.   Volvo B7/B9
33xxx.   ADL E400
34xxx.   Spare for ADL E400, 349xx for Dennis Tridents
35xxx.   Wrightbus Streetdeck, 359xx Scanias
40xxx.   ADL E400H
42xxx.   Volvo B5LH
44xxx.    Other hybrid dd types

London LT type and Routemasters keep their current numbers.

I hope this is of some interest!

hitune70

Tony- The snag is not knowing how many more double deckers are coming and what make they will be. The First and Stagecoach schemes pre dated and made little allowance for hybrid vehicles. Stagecoach is running out of numbers for double deckers. The preserved Leyland/Volvo Olympians will have to vacate their 14xxx/16xxx series fleet numbers, and the Routemaster fleet revert to original London Transport bonnet numbers.
Back to my suggestions the hybrids would have to be 36000-38999 which would leave only the 39xxx range left for a growing fleet.  There would have been more pressure if Arriva hadn't sold the London Sightseeing fleet and the TGM operations.

Tony

Quote from: hitune70 on May 18, 2017, 04:28:14 AM
Tony- The snag is not knowing how many more double deckers are coming and what make they will be. The First and Stagecoach schemes pre dated and made little allowance for hybrid vehicles. Stagecoach is running out of numbers for double deckers. The preserved Leyland/Volvo Olympians will have to vacate their 14xxx/16xxx series fleet numbers, and the Routemaster fleet revert to original London Transport bonnet numbers.
Back to my suggestions the hybrids would have to be 36000-38999 which would leave only the 39xxx range left for a growing fleet.  There would have been more pressure if Arriva hadn't sold the London Sightseeing fleet and the TGM operations.

So what? - They're not going to do it so it makes no difference

hitune70

Tony,-Of course its only a hypothetical exercise. I sent a previous scheme to Arriva some years back to which I got a polite but dismissive reply, so as they say once bitten...

When First started their chaotic scheme they allocated 1xxxx to articulated buses and 2xxxx to coaches.  Artics went out of favour and First's coach fleet was never large. IMHO Firsts coaches should be numbered 13xxx upwards and the dwindling article fleet moved in with the 6xxxx series, 12001-12018 (Scanias) for example becoming 65981-98. 2xxxx could be allocated to hybrid double deckers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk