News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drayton Manor services

Started by Tony, April 20, 2017, 10:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Nxwm

Do you know which garage will be operating this service @Tony

Dom

Quote from: Nxwm on April 20, 2017, 04:59:50 PM
Do you know which garage will be operating this service @Tony

He said in another thread that 6795 should be the bus operating, which means it will be WN.

Tony

Quote from: Dom on April 20, 2017, 05:17:17 PM
He said in another thread that 6795 should be the bus operating, which means it will be WN.

It's the idea of someone from Head Office, was going to be WB using either 4738 or 4741, but WB have a Private Hire on the Saturday, so WN was chosen to make sure WB had a tacho bus available.

I'm driving the Saturday one

andy41

Quote from: Tony on April 20, 2017, 05:35:11 PM
It's the idea of someone from Head Office, was going to be WB using either 4738 or 4741, but WB have a Private Hire on the Saturday, so WN was chosen to make sure WB had a tacho bus available.

I'm driving the Saturday one

Tony is there any particular reason that NX run these as hires with bookings rather than registering them as runners for turn up and go? What do you do if passengers turn up unbooked? Assuming you can't take payment.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on April 20, 2017, 06:00:17 PM
Tony is there any particular reason that NX run these as hires with bookings rather than registering them as runners for turn up and go? What do you do if passengers turn up unbooked? Assuming you can't take payment.

This one is a trial to test demand. A regular service would be registered

andy41

Quote from: Tony on April 20, 2017, 06:01:35 PM
This one is a trial to test demand. A regular service would be registered

Thanks

Stevo

As I understand it, if it's a registered bus service you have to run it even if there are no passengers, but a tour need not run if it's empty.

GeminiFan1991

This is interesting and I remember going to Drayton Manor by bus and the Arriva 110 was rammed so I like to think their is some form of demand, just how much, this trial will assess.

What I find curious is the inclusion of park tickets in the overall price. This would suggest some type of partnership with Drayton Manor. I would have thought any type of Drayton Manor run especially a trial run to test demand would be a shuttle only service (I.e price only covers travel).
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stuharris 6360

While it's a very good idea, are theme parks as popular as they once were.

The accident at Alton Towers a couple of years ago must have dented there popularity.

Another problem is people having to travel to a central point to catch these services, but that sadly can't be avoided unless higher fares were charged and journeys becoming considerably longer.

Probably a daft suggestion, but other the years the amont of coach firms that do day trips to the seaside have decreased considerably, maybe NE could give it a go, a nice day out in Weston Super Mare?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Adam 404

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 21, 2017, 02:18:46 PM
Probably a daft suggestion, but other the years the amont of coach firms that do day trips to the seaside have decreased considerably, maybe NE could give it a go, a nice day out in Weston Super Mare?
The only trouble with a bus to the seaside is the amount of sand and mess that will end up getting on the bus during the journey.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 21, 2017, 02:40:54 PM
The only trouble with a bus to the seaside is the amount of sand and mess that will end up getting on the bus during the journey.

Yes a bus spending a day on the 11 would probably get in just as much of a mess if not worse.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 21, 2017, 02:51:48 PM
Yes a bus spending a day on the 11 would probably get in just as much of a mess if not worse.

All the Big Johns boxes and chicken wings dashed all over the floor lol

j789

I remember seeing a number of Timesaver metrobuses in Weston SM in the early nineties so I guess there were a fair few private hire/ trips then. I also remember going on a timesaver with my youth club to West Midlands safari park, where a monkey duly pulled the wiper off when going round the safari bit.

Amazing how much it has changed in 20 years, remember going to Shrewsbury to see my Gran from the bull ring bus station and the number of destinations you could go to from there. All sadly gone now.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on April 20, 2017, 06:00:17 PM

Saturday looks like a full load. 66 booked on so far!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk