News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Timetable Changes 26/02/17

Started by Stuharris 6360, January 03, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 19, 2017, 01:42:17 PM
Can I be honest here @Winston , I find it very irritating that people obviously know information and yet are either not passing it on or are just teasing people with it. This leads to pages and pages of speculation. Surely something should only be published if it is allowed into the public domain (I know firms publish details of what they are going to do but don't want it broadcast to soon), if not keep quiet until it is!

@Stuharris 6360 - Exactly! The service / route changes have been registered with VOSA and those that are teasing with tit bits, are also those that are frequently involved in PN wind-up's, hence why I take what is said with a pinch of salt until confirmed.

ARBB

All you have to do is ask a driver on the 120, 140, 205, 241, 243, 244 or 276. They'll all tell you the same thing

sonic84

For anyone interested the new 244 timetable is up on network West Midlands website now.

Looks like Monday to Sunday evenings will interwork with the 4H.

The 4H on a Sunday daytime looks like it's interworking with the 241.

Of note is that NXWM used to provide a 30 min frequency between Hayley Green and Halesowen on the 244 on Sunday's which will now be reduced to hourly.

Jack6101

So are pensnett going to operate the 4h full route to wallsal ??
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Jack6101 on January 20, 2017, 07:51:58 PM
So are pensnett going to operate the 4h full route to wallsal ??

No, presumably just the early morning, evening & Sunday journeys between Halesowen & Hayley Green.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

The 243 timetable has now appeared, and whilst the service has been reduced to half hourly, the service is still tunning between Dudley and Merry Hill.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

So only the claribels services are moving stops on the priory now ???

Steveminor

No all priory services are moving. TfWM will be making announcements soon.

monkeyjoe

Any reasons why, not seen that part of the city for a while?

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 09, 2017, 08:02:44 AM
Any reasons why, not seen that part of the city for a while?

It is to try and stop lots of people running across the road between parked parked buses over to the 94 stop

Adam 404

The 65 & 67 service is to have a revised route in Birmingham City Centre.
In addition to this, the frequency is reduced to every 12 mins each with frequency of every 20 mins each on Sunday.

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/birmingham-service-changes-from-sunday-26th-february-2017

A few minor changes to BY55, BY55A, BC70 & PB94 as well.

Kevin

Quote from: Adam 404 on February 09, 2017, 04:44:25 PM
The 65 & 67 service is to have a revised route in Birmingham City Centre.
In addition to this, the frequency is reduced to every 12 mins each with frequency of every 20 mins each on Sunday.

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/birmingham-service-changes-from-sunday-26th-february-2017

A few minor changes to BY55, BY55A, BC70 & PB94 as well.

Wait. Whut????
Yet another kick in the teeth for Aston then
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2017, 06:40:30 PM
Wait. Whut????
Yet another kick in the teeth for Aston then

Looking at the timetable for the 67, it looks like a daytime off-peak frequency reduction, it will still be more frequent during the peaks.

This doesn't surprise me, when I used to catch the 67 to get to and from work during the morning and evening peaks, the bendibuses were often crowded and full. Yet on the few occasions I used the 67 during the daytime (off-peak) there would be few passengers on board.

Its just a case of routes and timetables being adjusted to cater for passengers needs - if there are fewer passengers using the service during the off-peak, why have the same frequency as during the peak?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2017, 08:24:56 AM
It is to try and stop lots of people running across the road between parked parked buses over to the 94 stop

Yippee I agree with that for a change my old corridor getting some attention. Used to hate running all that way.

monkeyjoe

Earlier and later journeys too for the 94 progress

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk