News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Timetable Changes 26/02/17

Started by Stuharris 6360, January 03, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: pndriver on February 25, 2017, 08:37:41 PM
Route info attached, expect the Pensnett ones to get lost tomorrow.

Ta for that, I still think the people from High Farm Rd, Bassnage Road & Hayley Green (Causey Farm Rd) might feel a bit put out by the route changes

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on February 25, 2017, 08:43:24 PM
Ta for that, I still think the people from High Farm Rd, Bassnage Road & Hayley Green (Causey Farm Rd) might feel a bit put out by the route changes

Indeed they are very unhappy.

the trainbasher

In effect combining the old 609/619 routes

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Watching happenings around Priory Queensway yesterday and this morning, I have to say I think it works better. Now the Saltley buses are all blocking each other in and it's just hilarious.
Have to ask though, anyobe know if the 65/67 are meant to stop at the old stop on James Watt Queensway by the courts? There's now a temporary flag there which seems to suggest as such, by happenchance a 65 came as I approached so I tried to hail it but he drive straight past
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Love the fact they didn't mention that the late night Sunday journeys are withdrawn. Sneaky timetable change as well as when the article they were still there. Waiting 45 minutes for a bus that doesn't run is brilliant!

Gareth

Quote from: Kevin on February 27, 2017, 07:47:01 AM
Watching happenings around Priory Queensway yesterday and this morning, I have to say I think it works better. Now the Saltley buses are all blocking each other in and it's just hilarious.
Have to ask though, anyobe know if the 65/67 are meant to stop at the old stop on James Watt Queensway by the courts? There's now a temporary flag there which seems to suggest as such, by happenchance a 65 came as I approached so I tried to hail it but he drive straight past

When I was out and about yesterday, it wasn't busy enough for blocking in, but I did notice a couple of 56 buses still loading at the 70/72/73 stop instead of the 55/94 stop.

I personally think the relief point for drivers shouldn't be in the city centre if the city centre can't cope with it and it clearly cant. Ever since drivers changed over at Priory, it's been a nightmare.

John

Quote from: Kevin on February 27, 2017, 07:47:01 AM

I prefer the new way in for the 67. A lot quicker than going round Park Street. I would stop on James Watt Queensway if someone was there, but no-one was there on my 2 trips this morning, I think we are supposed to stop but I can imagine some drivers not stopping. I know the 67 drivers are not picking up from the unload only stop on the way in to City on Newton Street

Dom

Update: Just spoken to customer care, got the usual "were sorry about this" and that "it'll get updated"

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Dom on February 27, 2017, 12:25:23 PM
Update: Just spoken to customer care, got the usual "were sorry about this" and that "it'll get updated"

Which service is that then?

Dom

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on February 27, 2017, 08:14:43 AM
Love the fact they didn't mention that the late night Sunday journeys are withdrawn. Sneaky timetable change as well as when the article they were still there. Waiting 45 minutes for a bus that doesn't run is brilliant!

The tender spec for the 81 shows no requirement for evening service on a Sunday on the 81 so Centro are not likely to replace it

EDIT - Tender T567 expired 25/2/17 which I assume was the affected trips @Dom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Radio call gone out already this morning reminding us and PCN drivers about 65/7 interworking as some have done the wrong route already!

Kevin

Legit saw someone get off a 65 at the James Watt Queensway outbound stop.
Nominee for the single most pointless bus journey ever, could genuinely walk it quicker with the 3 sets of lights the bus had to negotiate
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Saw about 4 passengers trying to get flag a 444* Trident on the 70 down at BS8 earlier even though the bus stop and the posters show the 70 now stops at BS14.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: 2206 on March 04, 2017, 06:00:09 PM
Saw about 4 passengers trying to get flag a 444* Trident on the 70 down at BS8 earlier even though the bus stop shows the 70 now stops at BS14.

It's amazing how many people are asking where the new bus stops are, even after a week. Plus there are posters plastered all over the shelters.

One day in the week I had a guy get on my 67 and as I was going around Dartmouth Circus, he says are you going to Saltley! Got him on the 8 at Aston Cross

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk