News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

2017 Fares

Started by Stu, December 09, 2016, 07:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

This has been shared on my Facebook page just now, I presume it is an extract from a company memo?

"Blatant profiteering" indeed!  :D Once the news outlets get hold of this, it'll be like last year all over again, people getting outraged because the single fares went up, but overlooked the introduction of the off-peak Daysaver, as well as the decrease in Swift fares.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

£1.50 short hop is much needed, though could be open to abuse like the people that ask for a city hop and go to wellhead lane!

Westy

Is there an official link yet?

Gareth

Mixed feeling about the £1.50 fare and its wording. It's great for passengers to get a big reduction like that. But I personally think more people should be walking instead of a short bus journey. And no I'm not talking about the elderly or disabled or when it's raining or snowing. There's one particular stop that my bus goes past. It's like a fight to the death with the 17 buggies that are usually waiting there. Particularly on a Sunday. They could walk to town from there in 10minutes.

New fares are now advertised on 6112.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

The reply containing this picture appears to have been removed from the post on my Facebook page.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

B.C Driver

I would like the companys revenue team to be expanded.
Would like to see something similar to London where inspectors board buses in uniform or not, check tickets, get off, cross over the road, get on another bus and visa versa. Randomly targeting buses along the route as well as at 'gateway points'.
Would create a good revenue for the company in fines, deter smokers and deter future fare dodgers.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

AndrewLee

Quote from: B.C Driver on December 10, 2016, 05:55:54 PM
Would like to see something similar to London where inspectors board buses in uniform or not, check tickets, get off, cross over the road, get on another bus and visa versa. Randomly targeting buses along the route as well as at 'gateway points'.
Would create a good revenue for the company in fines, deter smokers and deter future fare dodgers.

Totally agree. Also, very early morning but especially late night checks. It's a free for all on a lot of routes!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: B.C Driver on December 10, 2016, 05:55:54 PM

They need more power, it's just a slight inconvenience for fare Dodgers to walk the last few stops

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 10, 2016, 09:28:32 PM
They need more power, it's just a slight inconvenience for fare Dodgers to walk the last few stops

It's great when theirs police with the revenue team then you see the fare dodgers really sh*t themselves !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Kevin

I'm currently in Rotterdam
The inspectors here are mostly plain clothed, swarm the vehicle and take no shit, not even from tourists
It's quite funny to watch when people get caught
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Squiz1971

What's happening with the travel card prices I take it they will go up a couple of quid in January?

markcf83

What's the nBus day ticket going up to,if it's being increased at all?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Gareth

Swift monthly direct debit for nBus is increasing from £59 to £61.50

Steveminor

Day nbus up 20p off peak price frozen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk