News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva X31

Started by Tomjusttom, April 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I would love to see some more omnicity (double decker) at PB

Discodave

Quote from: bob on April 08, 2012, 10:53:48 AM
not without buying two seperate tickets, because cannock is just out of the west midlands area by about 2 miles. I caught the X31 at 1130 yesterday into birmingham, the bus was full!
Try 4 miles newtown is the boundry have checked numerous times when in service on the number 1

Bob

Apparently it has been saved. It might operate a revised route though

nx4737

Why, have Arriva managed to get a subsidy for it?

Probably the same as with the 6 in Tamworth, say they're withdrawing it knowing the council want the route to stay, meaning they get a nice little subsidy for a route that was normally pretty busy and cost next to nothing to run... as it was just an extension of some 8's...

Bob

not sure if they got a subsidy but id imagine so

Discodave

have they altered the registration

Bob

D10

Unless I have missed it, I haven't seen anything on VOSA website since the original application to withdraw. But, obviously you have to wait for any reg to get to Leeds and for them to process it.

Bob

it came from an arriva driver

notepanel

I was told by an Arriva driver this week that the route will run until September when a full review will take place. Quite ironically, my bus from  Birmingham left with just 2 passengers on. I still think it would gain extra passengers if it travelled X51 route to J7, serving Scott Arms & Tower Hill and avoiding the roadworks on the M6.

Bob

Certain times of the day it goes in and out full, 930 & 1030 from cannock & late afternoon from Birmingham usually. It will probably either be axed or taken over by another operator. Maybe MPD darts could be used for the quieter journeys

Jack Grove

X31 will continue until 2nd September 2012 with support from Staffordshire CC and Centro, whereupon its future will be reassessed.

Bob

Doubt it'll last beyond that cos although the buses are busy, theyre full of pensioners at busiest times or people with n bus tickets etc, so itll either require ongoing support or itll go

D10

I saw on the VOSA website yesterday that the service has been re-registered by Arriva from the 2nd June under ref PD0000478/323, so no surprise there.

But, The frequency is down as HALF HOURLY Mon-Sat Daytimes not hourly, so either a typo at VOSA or the funding has enabled an increase in frequency, possibly to try to stimulate more demand.

Bob

hmmmm thats interesting! doubt it will be half hourly tho must be a typo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk