News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Low Emissions Bus Scheme

Started by the trainbasher, July 25, 2016, 01:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

It has been announced the NXWM have gained £3074620 to invest in 10 Hybrid buses and 19 Electric Bures. They have also been given funding to purchase equipment to charge said electric buses

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

GeminiFan1991

I believe this was mentioned earlier in the year about the possibility of Solihull routes acquiring these buses.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

Birmingham City Council & Tfl have also jointly won £3.814 million funding for 42 x Hydrogen Fuel Cell buses & Infrastructure.

Not sure how that joint bid will work or what they're to be used for?

Interestingly nothing for First Bristol or Wessex in Bristol who both bid for funds I believe

Tony

Quote from: Winston on July 25, 2016, 07:26:04 PM
Birmingham City Council & Tfl have also jointly won £3.814 million funding for 42 x Hydrogen Fuel Cell buses & Infrastructure.

London Liner restarting?

Only joking

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

I presume the joint bid will be so all the vehicles come from one manufacturer, thus reducing development costs meaning extra vehicles

winston

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

It will probably be the 37 , Harborne or Perry Barr area routes that will get the investment as per usual i suspect.

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 25, 2016, 09:35:21 PM
It will probably be the 37 , Harborne or Perry Barr area routes that will get the investment as per usual i suspect.

Sorry which Harborne area? Prior to the hybrids, the Spectras/Plaxtons/Tridents were used on the Harborne services weren't they?

Perry Barr area? The 33 springs to mind. It received new buses in 2011/2012 after having 2003 Geminis?

B.C Driver

The 22, 23, 24 and 29 could do with more Hybrid buses. The current ones arnt enough, there's plenty of Tridents appearing on there daily and 21xx single deckers, not to mention E400, it has become a bit of a mixed bag. I know originally the Hybrids were just for the 22 and 23, but it would  be good to 'standardise'  the Harborne routes as a whole.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on July 25, 2016, 07:26:04 PM

Interestingly nothing for First Bristol or Wessex in Bristol who both bid for funds I believe

My phone won't let me copy the URL but seen an article that Sheffield have received funding for 44 hybrid buses which First and Stagecoach are expected to share.

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 25, 2016, 09:35:21 PM
Quote from: MW on July 25, 2016, 10:31:47 PM
Sorry which Harborne area? Prior to the hybrids, the Spectras/Plaxtons/Tridents were used on the Harborne services weren't they?

Perry Barr area? The 33 springs to mind. It received new buses in 2011/2012 after having 2003 Geminis?

The 33 has just received its investment, repaints and 'rebranding. Dought it will get new buses for a while yet

monkeyjoe

Quote from: John on July 25, 2016, 10:49:25 PM
The 33 has just received its investment, repaints and 'rebranding. Dought it will get new buses for a while yet

It has indeed but nxwm are not exactly good at spreading resources and investment across the region so buses in these areas will probably get more  .

Dom

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 26, 2016, 06:43:01 AM

It has indeed but nxwm are not exactly good at spreading resources and investment across the region so buses in these areas will probably get more  .

So the MMC's for the 9?
The Hybrids that Wolverhampton recieved?
Walsalls MMCs?
The vast amount of E400s and E200s that have been dropped around the fleet?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk