News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus seats

Started by BU07 LGO, July 21, 2016, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Bit of a weird thread but does anybody else think that bus seats have failed to evolve much? Brand new Streetdecks and MMC's still have the same design as Y reg tridents! Even the Platinums still have the same seats as 2004 Gemini' (4680-6) or y reg tridents if you count the 2 rows of high backed seats downstairs!

I can see why companies are reluctant to specify new designs, it must be easy to only have to supply one type of handle/seat back but would have thought something else would have come about by now!

winston

You would of thought by now that manufacturers would also be using plastics that can't be easily etched / burnt with lighters / with protective coatings or internal properties that allows graffiti to be easily wipeable with standard cleaning materials.

Judging by the Platinum seat back photo that @JoNi posted earlier, this is still not the case

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Winston on July 21, 2016, 05:39:06 PM
You would of thought by now that manufacturers would also be using plastics that can't be easily etched / burnt with lighters / with protective coatings or internal properties that allows graffiti to be easily wipeable with standard cleaning materials.

Judging by the Platinum seat back photo that @JoNi posted earlier, this is still not the case

I know, even on the recently refurbished eclipse urbans at WA, the seat backs are still burnt and etched

GeminiFan1991

Im surprised NX didn't replace the blue seat backs with grey as it was a good chance to replace them not to mention it fitted the seats the overall interior well.

While, were on the topic, the handle bars should have been painted into crimson as well.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

Not to mention the drivers seats of the refurbished 44xx at pn not one had a drivers seat done
I did put in a report form asking why this was but no reply was given

Bob

Metrobus seats were like 100 times more comfortable than anything that followed them 😕

bubble2899

I agree that benches are more comfortable and I think the hard back was more vandle proof than the plastic although they could be popped out and slung out the Windows. A plain steel bench would do the job. Be a bit heavy tho!!

Liberator9

I have to say I actually like the NX standard design, despite having been around for quite a few years now. Give good lower back support and also comfortable with the padding.

My only minor complaint with the Crimson refurbs are the fact the handrails should be resprayed into the Crimson colour. Old TWM refurbs did this (B10Ls for example) so don't understand why this can't be done now.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 22, 2016, 08:01:47 AM
My only minor complaint with the Crimson refurbs are the fact the handrails should be resprayed into the Crimson colour. Old TWM refurbs did this (B10Ls for example) so don't understand why this can't be done now.
Cost.
Don't you start.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 22, 2016, 08:01:47 AM
I have to say I actually like the NX standard design, despite having been around for quite a few years now. Give good lower back support and also comfortable with the padding.

I agree, I also feel that the yellow stop button housing should have been painted into gold as the overall aesthetics would have been vastly improved and more consistent.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk