News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Favourite and Least Favourite Rail Stations

Started by KayP, April 03, 2012, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Rob H on April 09, 2012, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on April 09, 2012, 03:39:02 PM
Birmingham New Street is the Best train station  ;D ;D ;D

I agree with you Nathan Birmingham New Street is the Best ;)

Ditto

KayP

I also really like Yardley Wood, nice little station, you could say it's old fashioned but I think it looks really nice, maybe the only improvements could be lighting in the waiting room because I'm not sure there is one.

For trainspotting galton bridge is a godsend, you have a bridge just outside of the station, by the car park on the opposite side of the road, the gates before the canals or the steps leading down to the bridge canal

jnl1984

For location i would have to say Alvechurch... coming back towards Birmingham, Bourville is also pretty smart...

Going a bit further-a-field, i dont know how Dawlish can be beaten!

lgr

Bournville is a nice station. Least favourite would have to be either New Street or Gravelly Hill...

If we're talking further away, though, Berkhamsted is a gorgeous station / place in general.

I took a few vids at Adderly Park, you get all sorts of services through there, class 323s (new st to airport), the 350s (Birmingham - London), some 221s and pendolinos.
I plan to try out some virgin trains sometime in the future - 221s and 390s  :)

tank90

A rekindal of this theard me thinks lol.

Least Favourite station awards from me goes to,
Birmingham New Street and Snow Hill, both lack and style at the moment.

Favourite Station awards from me goes to,
London Paddington, Birmingham Moor Street and Bristol Temple Meads. All three are built on Gods Wounderful Railway, joking aside, Moor Street is a fine example of a Great Western station it would be better if it has Scots Pines but hey ho. London Paddington is just wounderful platform 1 has to be the best and its much better with an ex GWR King sitting uder the spans simmering away. Bristol Temple Meads a bit of a left ball but never the less a great GWR example of a train shed station still in use today.

and my final awards which are for the Station I'd like to see rebuilt into use are,
Redditch's old Station (off of Plymouth Road) and Birmingham Curzon Street Station, Well the current station at Redditch may do the job but looks tatty cheap and tacky not what the Town needs really. And Curzon Street is at the moment a beautiful frontage but would be a brilliant station for HS2 too if the current frontage is kept.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

vinh1000

I like the Jewellery Quarter and Spring Road stations :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stu

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 03, 2013, 03:31:57 PM

Spring Road isn't really a station though, though it is very quaint! It is literally two ramps from the bridge on Spring Road down to the platforms, with a shed for the 'ticket office'.  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on January 03, 2013, 07:42:00 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on January 03, 2013, 03:31:57 PM

Spring Road isn't really a station though, though it is very quaint! It is literally two ramps from the bridge on Spring Road down to the platforms, with a shed for the 'ticket office'.  ::)

Yeah, I've gone off Spring Road a bit after my photography visit last week  :-\. Widney Manor on the other hand, is great, nicely placed and built ticket office, cosy waiting room, pretty big car park. Probably everything you'd want in a train station
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk