News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Changes 24/07/16

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 31, 2016, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 20, 2016, 06:27:48 PM
99,4H,202,

And more often than not they use stand A, or the area just before stand A.

Amazing how you missed out my previous question though...

karl724223

Quote from: Dom on July 20, 2016, 06:53:04 PM

if the 99 4H used the layover bay in the bus station they would have to go all round the block to get to there stands

Michael Bevan

Someone told me the 75 is apparently being withdrawn. Is this true?

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 20, 2016, 07:21:02 PM
Someone told me the 75 is apparently being withdrawn. Is this true?

It has appeared on the weekly service change list sent out by Centro, and which appears on the website:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/bus/upcoming-bus-changes/

I'm pretty sure though that this is an error, and will be amended accordingly. The 75 is being extended to Darlaston from 24th July, and is reverting to a summer timetable until the 4th Sept, which is supposedly when it is being cancelled.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 20, 2016, 04:00:30 PM
Why all stand changes in Halesowen?
stand changes in cradley heath interchange as well
Moan moan moan

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on July 20, 2016, 06:53:04 PM

231 is the worst

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 20, 2016, 08:03:42 PM
231 is the worst

I mean a specific example, if it happens as much as you make out then you would surely be able to give a specific example.

the trainbasher

Where the 99 et al in Halesowen layover (when they are in the ring and ride stop) is a bit of a dubious one as technically it is a bus stop as opposed to a bus stand....then you've got the lovely double yellows :)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 20, 2016, 09:36:22 PM
Where the 99 et al in Halesowen layover (when they are in the ring and ride stop) is a bit of a dubious one as technically it is a bus stop as opposed to a bus stand....then you've got the lovely double yellows :)

So Tom, is there a maximum time you can be parked on a bus stop?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 20, 2016, 09:38:26 PM
his traffic wardens don't give a toss about all the illegal parking in brierly hill they target Russell's hall hospital area easy targets so don't think they will bother about buses parking over Halesowen

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 20, 2016, 09:38:26 PM

It depends on the Traffic Regulation Order in place and where you are.

The one for Halesowen says the following:

Insofar as any provision of this Order conflicts with a provision which is contained in  an order made or having effect as if it were made under the Act of 1984, and existing at the time when this Order comes into operation, and which imposes a  restriction or prohibition on waiting by vehicles other than public service vehicles  being used to operate a local service in a bus stop area or grants an exemption from  such restriction or prohibition, the provisions of that order will prevail. 

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

ARBB

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 20, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

According to centro, you can drop off on ring and ride stop but not layover. No layover on Stand A hence one 99 receiving a parking ticket in May

karl724223

Quote from: pndriver on July 20, 2016, 09:47:07 PM
According to centre, you can drop off on ring and ride stop but not layover. No layover on Stand A hence one 99 receiving a parking ticket in May
but the ring and ride stop is on a public road outside of centro controlled bus station

karl724223

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 20, 2016, 09:45:53 PM
It depends on the Traffic Regulation Order in place and where you are.

The one for Halesowen says the following:

Insofar as any provision of this Order conflicts with a provision which is contained in  an order made or having effect as if it were made under the Act of 1984, and existing at the time when this Order comes into operation, and which imposes a  restriction or prohibition on waiting by vehicles other than public service vehicles  being used to operate a local service in a bus stop area or grants an exemption from  such restriction or prohibition, the provisions of that order will prevail.
going to love quoting that lot to the centro muppets @pndriver

ARBB

Quote from: karl724223 on July 20, 2016, 09:52:05 PM
going to love quoting that lot to the centro muppets @pndriver

Ridiculous that we can't use Stand J in Stourbridge, just because the residents don't want buses going past their houses @karl724223

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk