News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Job Vacancy (For anybody who might be interested)

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 29, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Data Entry

Job description

My client, a well-known public transport organisation is currently recruiting for some temporary and ongoing Data collectors.

Role Purpose:
To undertake the collection of accurate qualitative &quantitative transport information data using any designated method data capture equipment, electronic or manual.

Accountabilities Deliverable:

Deliver a smart, friendly, visible, high profile presence able to provide a quality service and understand the needs of our customers to enhance the customer experience being empathetic to their needs.

Monitoring, recording and reporting where necessary any issues of concern with the state of facilities/assets or unsafe actions of bus drivers, contractors or customers. To provide a positive service and passionate about influencing change.

To carry out surveys related to all passenger transport usage and accurately record the information requested using the designated equipment data capture equipment, electronic or manual.

To ensure the information collected remains confidential and secure at all times.

Responsibilities Duties:

To communicate effectively with members of the public, exercising tact and diplomacy in delivering a customer service approach.

To ensure all data collected e.g. passenger loading, operator and vehicle information, is accurate and recorded to the required quality standards across the West Midlands County area and neighbouring Shires. Undertaken on a shift basis at varying times throughout the day.

To assist in verification of data collected by participating in the download process.

To identify and report anomalies from surveys, and produce written reports.

To be responsible for all equipment provided by the business e.g. uniform, PC, mobile phone, charger etc. and ensure they are kept in good condition.

To be responsible for Health and Safety as detailed in the appropriate policies and be aware of personal safety and security whilst working with the public, at operator premises, railway and bus stations and isolated areas.

Represent the organisation as a Customer Champion in a front facing role in a professional manner. Respond to public enquiries, answering questions where possible, reporting incidents of anti-social behaviour or referring to appropriate staff.

Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
Experience of dealing with the public in a customer facing role is essential.
Experience of data collection is desirable.
Demonstrate good knowledge of the correct Market Research techniques
Knowledge of public transport network is desirable.
Beginner to Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook &Internet Explorer

Special Aptitudes:

Excellent timekeeping and a resilient character is essential.
Ability to react, adapts and uses initiative effectively to unforeseen circumstances/situations, and continues to meet deadlines.
Ability to write reports clearly and accurately.
Requirements:
Be available to work a minimum of 24 hours in each working week Sunday to Saturday usually worked over 4 separate days. Be available to work a minimum of 4 unrestricted weekend days per 4 week period and public holidays to suit business need. Weekend days count as part of the four days/24 hours per week and are not additional.
The duties on rare occasions could start as early as 0330hours or finish as late as 0130hours, therefore own transportation is essential.
The shifts can be of varying lengths and require to work outdoors.
Able to travel to various locations throughout the West Midlands County area and neighbouring Shires areas at short notice.
To wear uniform and identification at all times.

For further information. go to CV Library, Job ID 204060094
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

"Bus Drivers for Birmingham
Job description
100 Bus Drivers required in Birmingham

We are currently recruiting for Bus Drivers to work in the Birmingham and Coventry region for the major service operator National Express.

Long term, ongoing contract

£11.00 /hour incl attendance bonus

Accommodation can be provided with healthy subsidy. Example, 50 hours worked would mean rent is only £25 per week

We can also assist with relocation.

You must have:

A valid PCV Licence
A valid CPC Licence
No more than 6 points
No disqualified licences
Min 6 months PCV driving experience

General Responsibilities:
As a Service Bus Driver you will provide efficient and safe transport for customers.
Working early, mid and late shifts.
"

Posted today, how long have National Express provided accomodation for their drivers?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 14, 2016, 05:59:50 PM
"Bus Drivers for Birmingham
Job description
100 Bus Drivers required in Birmingham

We are currently recruiting for Bus Drivers to work in the Birmingham and Coventry region for the major service operator National Express.

Long term, ongoing contract

£11.00 /hour incl attendance bonus

Accommodation can be provided with healthy subsidy. Example, 50 hours worked would mean rent is only £25 per week

We can also assist with relocation.

You must have:

A valid PCV Licence
A valid CPC Licence
No more than 6 points
No disqualified licences
Min 6 months PCV driving experience

General Responsibilities:
As a Service Bus Driver you will provide efficient and safe transport for customers.
Working early, mid and late shifts.
"

Posted today, how long have National Express provided accomodation for their drivers?

That's not National Express. It's a third party recruitment company. The contract is different, I believe you work 6 days (depending on the recruitment company and you also get the shit duties).

That advert has been online for at least 6-7 months now on various websites. There's been about 3-4 recruitment agencies advertising with slightly different pay and hours too.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on July 14, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
That's not National Express. It's a third party recruitment company. The contract is different, I believe you work 6 days (depending on the recruitment company and you also get the shit duties).

That advert has been online for at least 6-7 months now on various websites. There's been about 3-4 recruitment agencies advertising with slightly different pay and hours too.

Ah right, didn't realise that, assumed that it was NE advertising.

Can see now why it says early and late shifts, but no middle turns.

John

Quote from: MW on July 14, 2016, 06:07:39 PM

Our agency drivers do nearly 10 hours of driving a day, 5 out of 7 days a week. they have separate duties from the company employed drivers. I done a 67 agency duty once. What a long day that was, but at least I got an extra 2 and a half hours pay!

Westy

Years ago, wasnt the row of houses along Bloxwich Road in Walsall by the depot owned by the old Corparation Transport?

GeminiFan1991

It states on going contract so Im thinking temporary ? If so knowing agencies as I do, it'll probably mean when demand goes down, you'd be let go without any warning, and I know firsthand !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 14, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
It states on going contract so Im thinking temporary ?

It says ''Long term, ongoing contract''

MW

I reckon whatever drivers do it would eventually get onto a permanent contract at NX. It's no secret that there's an industry shortage, especially since the recruitment banner outside AG depot has been there for almost a year.

karl724223

Hope there better than the agency drivers we had at pensnett years ago
Drunk failed breath test before they drove a bus
Drugs  one was tested positive for class a drugs
Fighting
Shoplifting  one was arrested for shoplifting in merry hill whilst at work

GeminiFan1991

Agencies tend to want to fill up their quotas as soon as possible so such things as background checks and others may get excluded from their recruitment process, companies such as NX are fairly stringent (Rightfully so) about these as it helps get the ideal candidate for the job.

If it leads to full time employment at NX good on anyone who is success but in my opinion/ experience working through an agency on a contract which is essentially rolling (i.e not fully permanent) is a precarious way to work.   
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk