News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Network West Midlands Survey

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 25, 2016, 09:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Received an email from NWM earlier today asking me to complete a survey about my last bus journey and the facilities provided,

Of interest where certain questions which implied, would i be able to pay a higher fare if in return

all buses had CCTV

you could pay the driver without the need for a security screen (and the way the cartoon pic looked, actually pay the driver the money as opposed to cash vaults??)

Conductors on the bus.

I do find it slightly worrying that NWM can waste money on surveys like this asking to me rather daft questions. Yes CCTV is a good idea, but surely the screens are there for a drivers security and they ain't going to be to happy if they are removed, and conductors on buses, are we going backwards in time?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Would have thought the unions might have something to say about the removal of driver assault screens on the NXWM fleet-and anywhere else for that matter.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

GeminiFan1991

definitely cant see the screens going, surely anything that enhances driver safety can only be seen as a good thing. As for the CCTV, doesn't every bus have them anyway ?

As for the conductors, I look at it both ways, having them on the bus kind of eases the work for the driver as they'll be just have to drive which makes it easier on them but then again for every bus on the road, its another person NX have to employ which adds to costs so its a solution for a problem which doesn't really need solving in my opinion.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Bryan

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on May 26, 2016, 12:57:15 AM
definitely cant see the screens going, surely anything that enhances driver safety can only be seen as a good thing. As for the CCTV, doesn't every bus have them anyway ?

As for the conductors, I look at it both ways, having them on the bus kind of eases the work for the driver as they'll be just have to drive which makes it easier on them but then again for every bus on the road, its another person NX have to employ which adds to costs so its a solution for a problem which doesn't really need solving in my opinion.

As the survey is from Network West Midlands and not National Express West Midlands, I can imagine a few operators without CCTV on buses, some of which operate on a shoestring and would not go to the expense of maintaining CCTV even if it was on the bus. I could mention a name or two but think I had better not.

With regard to conductors, I agree with your thoughts and I think they are now just a memory, which will not return due to financial constraints.

T840MAK

Quote from: markcf83 on May 26, 2016, 12:02:36 AM
Would have thought the unions might have something to say about the removal of driver assault screens on the NXWM fleet-and anywhere else for that matter.

Not everywhere - not wishing to offend anyone but if i was a bus driver in / around Birmingham I wouldn't feel safe without the assault screen, simply through the amount of violent incidents which are reported on the buses.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk