News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cancellation of 297 route

Started by Ailgaard, April 29, 2016, 01:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ailgaard

Hi all,

I've heard a rumour that WM is dumping the 297 Merry Hill to Gornal route, and another company is taking it over.

The driver concerned said, 'It might be a month, it might be two. The route will continue, but it's going to be taken over by another bus.'

As usual, there is nothing on the website warning customers, and as I work on the trading estate, it's the only bus that gets me 'to the door in one sitting.' In fact, it's one of only two buses that go right through the estate, and the 205 is utterly useless to commuters!

Does anyone know anything about the 297 changes?

Cheers,

Deb

Will

Quote from: Ailgaard on April 29, 2016, 01:15:05 PM
Hi all,

I've heard a rumour that WM is dumping the 297 Merry Hill to Gornal route, and another company is taking it over.

The driver concerned said, 'It might be a month, it might be two. The route will continue, but it's going to be taken over by another bus.'

As usual, there is nothing on the website warning customers, and as I work on the trading estate, it's the only bus that gets me 'to the door in one sitting.' In fact, it's one of only two buses that go right through the estate, and the 205 is utterly useless to commuters!

Cheers,

Deb

I can confirm that Central Buses are taking over the running of the 297 from 30th May it will run at an hourly frequency a timetable has been released but unfortunately I can't find it at present although I assume Central Buses will publish a timetable on there website in the next few days I hope this helps.
Stourbridge   125

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ailgaard on April 29, 2016, 01:15:05 PM
Hi all,

Cheers,

Deb

It will be the 297A that goes through the Trading Estate and there will be only a couple of journey's per day!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ailgaard

Thanks all for the information guys.

Well that's my bus journey to work screwed!  >:(

Thanks NW, you are sooooo SPECIAL!

Sh4318

I knew it was going downhill when NX reduced the frequency
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk