News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

907 needs to be re-routed away from Tesco !!!

Started by Steve3229vp, March 26, 2016, 05:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Kevin on March 29, 2016, 01:10:15 PM
At the Beggars Bush the main traffic problem is the bit of the Chester Road coming from College road, yeah the 5 and 77 get it in the neck a bit as well but not as much as the 907 does. Personally, and I'll get shot down in flames for it, I'd agree with diverting the 907 straight along College Road, and either a new service or altering the 66 to serve bits of College Road and up through the Warren Farm estate to come at New Oscott from Kings Road where the traffic is a bit more bearable, either terminating there or on to Sutton

I guess it may well be worth considering sacrificing sections that the current 907 serves to omit the congestion bottle necks in favour of improving reliability & speeding up journey times for the majority of passengers. What ever is done, even if nothing, you'll never please everyone.

Solo1

Why  didn't tesco at the time of building make the  roads wider so buses wouldn't be delayed  or build a filter lane for tesco only that might  of helped

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Solo1 on March 29, 2016, 02:03:32 PM
Why  didn't tesco at the time of building make the  roads wider so buses wouldn't be delayed  or build a filter lane for tesco only that might  of helped

Tesco's been there yeasrs, I remember when it was an island instead of traffic lights but cant remember if the traffic was as bad?

Kevin

It isn't just the Tesco there, it's the full retail park behind it, I'd say that contributes a fair whack to the traffic issues as well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

The Fox 4846

The 907 can be bad especially with traffic at one stop and new Osscott. The thing is a new service would just cost extra to run. I have to agree with the 52 & 52a, there is no need for it's frequency. The only place it makes money is the birchfield road as it does the same as the 51 but with a 5 minute extension from tower hill. Whilst on the subject, a better route for the 52 is down church road then onto Aldridge road then beeches road where it goes through perry beeches then does the 52a loop. This would combine 2 routes into 1.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Steve3229vp

Right I've attached my timetables for my idea for the 907 (including new idea for 906), you can all shoot me down for increasing the PVR and that's fine but this needs addressing, I've sent these timetables to NXWM (that'll be a waste of time) I know

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 02, 2016, 10:42:57 AM
Right I've attached my timetables for my idea for the 907 (including new idea for 906), you can all shoot me down for increasing the PVR and that's fine but this needs addressing, I've sent these timetables to NXWM (that'll be a waste of time) I know
When i've used the  907 a large nummber of passengers get on the bus outside One Stop and use it to get to places mostly along College Road. In my opinion the stop outside One Stop and Tesco New Oscott are possibly two of the busiest stops on the 907 route .
The 42 could potentially take revenue from the 906/907 resulting in the frequency of the 906 being reduced.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

I can see you've really thought about it and I've got to say, it's quite a good idea! However I think it would be better if the 42 didn't finish at New Oscott, but was extended to somewhere like Erdington, Wylde Green or Mere Green.

John

Speaking of the 907, I've just sailed right through. No queues for One Stop or New Oscott like a normal Saturday.

Got nearly half hour dropback!

Lukeee

The main problem I have with these ideas is the traffic around new oscott tends to be the worst on a Sunday, the day when the 42 and 906 don't run

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk