News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Proposed Service Changes

Started by winston, March 16, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on March 17, 2016, 09:13:55 AM
Good to see an attempt at an express service along the Hagley Road, but it needs to be a solid express route, not a half arsed version, the X64 only really misses out a handful of stops.

Most of the changes I think are pretty sound, although I'd question the logic in making the 69 a "round the back and beyond of everywhere" route. Personal opinion is that (and the 89 - or 9 as it will become) should be split. Have the 69 run Walsall to New Invention, Coppice Farm and the estate the 41 currently serves, and keep the 28 as just a Wolves - New Invention service. The 89 should be split into the previous sections at Bloxwich

I.e bring back the old 560?

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on March 16, 2016, 10:11:36 PM
A bit disappointed NXWM is deciding to withdrawn 40 section Wolverhampton - Willenhall. Passengers in that section will, once again, not be very impressed. 40 has decent loadings from Wolverhampton, NXWM would be taking their home route away again, not good. I'd suggest the 33 to be extended to Wolverhampton - it would be like the old 333 again!

Regarding to the 89, I would strongly suggest to keep the route number 89 as it is, to avoid confusion. There is a 9 in Wolverhampton Bus Station, (Arriva) Wolverhampton - Bridgnorth - Telford. The proposed route change is 50% good and 50% bad. 50% good: It is about time the route will be no longer serving the Trevor Road section, the positions of the parked cars are ridiculous. It should improve the reliablity. 50% bad: Bentley Bridge? Please, don't. Just keep the route as it is, it's a "direct" route Wolverhampton - Wednesfield.

The 28 seems to be withdrawn. As Nathan already have mentioned, it would be a good idea that the 28 could be re-routed to Bilston like the old 528.

335/336, the only difference between these routes, each route has their own road before meeting the route again. I guess keeping 335/336 is a good idea.

Also replacing the 40 with the 33 will deprive passengers around Attlee Rd and Churchill Rd of a direct link to Walsall.
Tony

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 17, 2016, 12:32:16 PM
Also replacing the 40 with the 33 will deprive passengers around Attlee Rd and Churchill Rd of a direct link to Walsall.
They'd have the 41 though wouldn't they?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2206 on March 17, 2016, 04:24:10 PM
They'd have the 41 though wouldn't they?

No, 41 does not serve Attlee Rd.

Quote from: Nathan on March 17, 2016, 04:25:00 PM
No, 41 does not serve Attlee Rd.
Google maps says it stops by the end of Attlee Road on Poplar Avenue.
So a short walk away
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 17, 2016, 04:28:01 PM
Google maps says it stops by the end of Attlee Road on Poplar Avenue.
So a short walk away

Not so short for the elderly, less able or mothers with young children.
Tony

Westy

I want Nx full time back down Somerfield Road.

Extend some of the 70a's from Beechdale up to Bloxwich Lane, turn right instead of turn left, up to Kfc, turn left & up to Bloxwich that way!

BK63 YWP

If the X10 comes around does that mean the pensnett extension (141) will disappear i never see many people on it.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Chris on March 18, 2016, 07:40:13 PM
If the X10 comes around does that mean the pensnett extension (141) will disappear i never see many people on it.

No doubt there will be another petition, which will no doubt gain hundreds of signatures. It's always interesting when the number of signatories on a petition never translate into bums on seats on the buses in question!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stu on March 18, 2016, 08:06:30 PM
No doubt there will be another petition, which will no doubt gain hundreds of signatures. It's always interesting when the number of signatories on a petition never translate into bums on seats on the buses in question!  ;)

Anything to make a MP famous amougest the constituency eh...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Are we likely to see any more pekingese extensions of the X51 from and to Cannock as part of review?

Mike K

Quote from: Bob on March 22, 2016, 05:52:48 PM
Are we likely to see any more pekingese extensions of the X51 from and to Cannock as part of review?

Not a cat in hell's chance.

NXWM don't like operating beyond the West Midlands border collie.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on March 22, 2016, 06:18:43 PM
Not a cat in hell's chance.

NXWM don't like operating beyond the West Midlands border collie.

Oh, so that is why NX are running the 54 to Stafford; 154 to Hednesford; extending the 937 to Boney Hay; the 11 to Leamington, not long extended journeys on the 50 into Worcestershire as the 50A?

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2016, 06:29:06 PM
Oh, so that is why NX are running the 54 to Stafford; 154 to Hednesford; extending the 937 to Boney Hay; the 11 to Leamington, not long extended journeys on the 50 into Worcestershire as the 50A?

Whoa! Re-read my post; it was a lighthearted response to the question of whether there would be any 'PEKINGESE' extensions of the X51, i.e. a dog related pun, and was not in any way meant to resemble the truth.

Bob

Peak!  I meant. Bloody predictive text!  I know it's about a 1 in 100 chance but I'll live in hope!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk