News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Proposed Service Changes

Started by winston, March 16, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Will the 529 be ever renumbered? 52 perhaps? They are proposing to renumbered the 301/302/311/313
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Steveminor

@Winston it would make sense to use this thread to mention all proposed service changes for nx rather than set up a new one each time.

monkeyjoe

Interested in these east brum changes , who's going to start the other thread.

However do we think, one of the other routes like the 5 might go platinum then that's every district covered

Bob

I've always thought the renumbering of services was pointless and stupid. What was wrong was 2xx 3xx 4xx etc? It had worked well for years

Steveminor

Yeah I know what you mean cause monkey Joe mentioned the 5 but now unless he says which 5 it is then no one knows which area he's talking about

winston

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 22, 2016, 07:50:01 PM
@Steveminor I'm guessing that's the intention behind it, considering this topic is pinned

The original idea of this thread was to post/comments suggestions for the 'actual' proposed service changes being considered / planned to be implemented in WA, WN, Sandwell & Dudley.

@Steveminor The East Birmingham suggestions are little more the rumours at present, nothing official has been proposed for the travelling public to comment on. As a result the thread is just filling up with everything & anything.....

Stu

I would also strongly recommend that if anyone has any genuine views/opinions on the proposed service changes for Walsall/Wolverhampton (or any others as mentioned in the linked document) that they should also express them through the 'official channel', ie the email address shown.

It may be the case that NX staff are monitoring this thread, but if it gets clogged up with 'general banter', some salient points may get missed.

@Stu - No need, I was intending on emailing all the 'relevant' comments to the email address before the cut off date in addition to this thread, Winston.

There are enough other threads to discuss which might be the next Platinum route / Rumours of East Birmingham Changes etc
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mranon

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2016, 06:29:06 PM
Oh, so that is why NX are running the 54 to Stafford; 154 to Hednesford; extending the 937 to Boney Hay; the 11 to Leamington, not long extended journeys on the 50 into Worcestershire as the 50A?

yes but nx could have pushed the 54/154 more, and ensured up to date information was available outside the centro area. i.e timetable cases at bus stops. timetables actually available on the buses etc

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on March 22, 2016, 06:18:43 PM
Not a cat in hell's chance.

NXWM don't like operating beyond the West Midlands border collie.

hahahaha love it
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bob

Quote from: mranon on March 22, 2016, 10:10:26 PM
yes but nx could have pushed the 54/154 more, and ensured up to date information was available outside the centro area. i.e timetable cases at bus stops. timetables actually available on the buses etc

To be fair they've regularly had timetables on board which is more than Arriva do. Not even having timetables for their sapphire services in Walsall bus station

mranon

nx own timetables were not available after the 20th September changes. it was only the drivers grabbing the centro ones as and when they could to hand out

Westy

Quote from: Bob on March 23, 2016, 05:59:37 AM
To be fair they've regularly had timetables on board which is more than Arriva do. Not even having timetables for their sapphire services in Walsall bus station

I told them via Facebook.

Nothing yet.

woody38

I think it is a good idea to reroute a bus through Bentley bridge, many people go there proberly more than Wednesfield town, wish they would reroute some 59 services through new cross, the hospital is getting bigger more people go there but the bus service to it has to be one of the worst in the country. Years ago diamond did try operated the 59H but gave up on it without really trying.

Trident 4609

Quote from: woody38 on March 24, 2016, 08:24:11 AM
I think it is a good idea to reroute a bus through Bentley bridge, many people go there proberly more than Wednesfield town, wish they would reroute some 59 services through new cross, the hospital is getting bigger more people go there but the bus service to it has to be one of the worst in the country. Years ago diamond did try operated the 59H but gave up on it without really trying.

The old 560/908 used to go through there. Reason gave was that looping the hospital added to unreliability.

winston

If anyone has any further comments on the proposed changes listed below, please post them here by midnight Mon 28th, as I will be emailing them the following morning,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk