News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM Proposed Service Changes

Started by winston, March 16, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on March 16, 2016, 04:53:25 PM
The X64 doesn't have it either though but works.
Anyone who wants to go to Merry Hill or, Cradley Heath from anywere beteween Five Ways and Quinton could get the 9 to Halesowen then get the X10 from there or walk to the next nearest X10 stop.

So what make them pay another £2.30? Seems a bit unfair. I mean what if it is a gentleman or lady who can't walk well? Make them pay again when there was a service before that offered it.

winston

For the Limited Stop section of the X10 between Five Ways & Quinton, I would consider the following stops to be the most important:

- Hagley Road West (Francis Rd) for Five Ways
- Hagley Road West (The Ivy Bush)
- Hagley Road West (Rotton Park Rd)
- Hagley Road West (Gillot Road)
- Hagley Road West (Bearwood Interchange)
- Hagley Road West (Wolverhamapton Road)
- Hagley Road West (Quinton Lane Island)
- Hagley Road West (Quinton Church)
- Hagley Road West (Long Lane/The Stag)

Quote from: Winston on March 16, 2016, 05:40:16 PM
For the Limited Stop section of the X10 between Five Ways & Quinton, I would consider the following stops to be the most important:

- Hagley Road West (Francis Rd) for Five Ways
- Hagley Road West (The Ivy Bush)
- Hagley Road West (Rotton Park Rd)
- Hagley Road West (Gillot Road)
- Hagley Road West (Bearwood Interchange)
- Hagley Road West (Wolverhamapton Road)
- Hagley Road West (Quinton Lane Island)
- Hagley Road West (Quinton Church)
- Hagley Road West (Long Lane/The Stag)
and Hagley Road (Portland Road)
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on March 16, 2016, 05:45:37 PM
and Hagley Road (Portland Road)

Portland Rd is between Ivy Bush & Rotton Park Road stops which would make it full stopping again

monkeyjoe

It's good that they are doing this consultation for a change. Yippee I have some positive to say about nxwm. Let's hope east brum gets the same treatment eventually. Even though I live in London now

fleetline6477

Some interesting ideas here

With respect to new routes 9 in Wolverhampton and 33 in Walsall, don't Arriva already operate routes with those service numbers to those locations. Route number 36 and 37 are available aren't they.

With respect to the X10 I can't see it working as Limited Stop along the Hagley Road. The value of other express services (900, 957, X51, Sutton Lines etc) having Limited Stop sections is that they use 'express roads' to cut down running times where bus stops aren't possible. There isn't that option with the Hagley Road.

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 16, 2016, 07:56:16 PM
Some interesting ideas here

With respect to new routes 9 in Wolverhampton and 33 in Walsall, don't Arriva already operate routes with those service numbers to those locations. Route number 36 and 37 are available aren't they.

With respect to the X10 I can't see it working as Limited Stop along the Hagley Road. The value of other express services (900, 957, X51, Sutton Lines etc) having Limited Stop sections is that they use 'express roads' to cut down running times where bus stops aren't possible. There isn't that option with the Hagley Road.
There is a 9 in Wolverhampton. No 33 in Walsall. The X64 doesn't use express roads though.
It would still be quicker than the current 141 as it would stop less often.
Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 24, 2015, 09:49:53 PM
I think most routes would benefit from being limited stop even if the road infrastructure doesn't offer an alternative route, its surprising how much time is wasted starting and stopping at every stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Both 9 & 33 numbers currently not used, changed to 333L/X & 3.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on March 16, 2016, 08:05:19 PM
Both 9 & 33 numbers currently not used, changed to 333L/X & 3.

Not at Walsall end but the 89 serves Wolveehampton, where a 9 departs from the same station already. I do not see the problem with the current service number tbh.

Justin Tyme

First, well done to NXWM for consulting.  A few other operators sometimes do it, and I'm glad to see NXWM having a go and doing it well.

Two features that stand out for me are various frequency increases, and continuing with a peak hour Birmingham - Burntwood link when Staffs CC funding runs out (no doubt easy and relatively cheap to do).

s94

Interesting to hear about a possible X10. Only limited stop for a fairly small part of the route though imo. Not entirely sure how reliable it will work out.

Still, where on earth is the Dudley bus review?

Bob

Do Staffs CC fund the Cannock section of the X51?

P419 EJW

A bit disappointed NXWM is deciding to withdrawn 40 section Wolverhampton - Willenhall. Passengers in that section will, once again, not be very impressed. 40 has decent loadings from Wolverhampton, NXWM would be taking their home route away again, not good. I'd suggest the 33 to be extended to Wolverhampton - it would be like the old 333 again!

Regarding to the 89, I would strongly suggest to keep the route number 89 as it is, to avoid confusion. There is a 9 in Wolverhampton Bus Station, (Arriva) Wolverhampton - Bridgnorth - Telford. The proposed route change is 50% good and 50% bad. 50% good: It is about time the route will be no longer serving the Trevor Road section, the positions of the parked cars are ridiculous. It should improve the reliablity. 50% bad: Bentley Bridge? Please, don't. Just keep the route as it is, it's a "direct" route Wolverhampton - Wednesfield.

The 28 seems to be withdrawn. As Nathan already have mentioned, it would be a good idea that the 28 could be re-routed to Bilston like the old 528.

335/336, the only difference between these routes, each route has their own road before meeting the route again. I guess keeping 335/336 is a good idea.

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on March 16, 2016, 10:11:24 PM
Do Staffs CC fund the Cannock section of the X51?

Not for at least the last 5 or 6 years.

Kevin

Good to see an attempt at an express service along the Hagley Road, but it needs to be a solid express route, not a half arsed version, the X64 only really misses out a handful of stops.

Most of the changes I think are pretty sound, although I'd question the logic in making the 69 a "round the back and beyond of everywhere" route. Personal opinion is that (and the 89 - or 9 as it will become) should be split. Have the 69 run Walsall to New Invention, Coppice Farm and the estate the 41 currently serves, and keep the 28 as just a Wolves - New Invention service. The 89 should be split into the previous sections at Bloxwich
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk