News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Proposed Service Changes

Started by winston, March 16, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Below is a link to NX document for a series of proposed service changes in Walsall / Wolverhampton / Sandwell & Dudley areas:

Please use this thread to make comment and have your say on the proposed changes / offer alternative suggestions etc prior to the 31st March, PLEASE keep this thread clear of general chatter as per the 'Oddities' thread & hopefully NX management will review comments / suggestions and either Tony can make them aware of the thread exists or I will email all the comments to NX

Trident 4609

My views on the Wednesfield/Willenhall Changes (i hope NX representitives do read this)

The 89 should keep the same number. There is already a 9 running into Wolverhampton.

69 should stay as it is now. I heard this was moving to WN depot.

There isn't really need for a bus through Bentley Bridge as the 59/69/89 currently stop within a close distance but is an added bonus. Wouldn't mind this change as 59 covers Rookery St/Wolverhampton Rd adequatley

The 28 should stay but cut from the New Invention area (the 41 increased to every 20 as proposed to cover the loss) but rerouted from Peacock Avenue right onto Lichfield Road (as opposed to left towards New Invention) then left Stubby Lane, Right Broad Lane South (this road no longer has a bus service after Arriva's 57 rerouted through Lyndale Estate), left Fibbersley, head on up Wednesfield Rd joining Temple Bar to Willenhall....or send it back down Pinson Rd back to Bilston along the 25 route like it used to as the 528.

Also, more importantly, I have heard many complaints regarding this. The 28 should serve the Ashmore Park loop as it is stranding people who need to get to New Cross. The main road where the 59 serves is quite a far walk for those with mobility problems.

Other Walsall Tony

What are the implications for evening and Sunday services?
Tony

Stuharris 6360

Surely this isn't the Dudley bus review?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Personally I like the changes. I think the 89 going to the 9 is fine as they are different operators anf Completely different destinations. Plus fits in with the 8 Walsall end.

The 33 seems like s sound idea as does the cutting back of the 3i and subsequently the extension of the 75.

The X10 again seems like a good idea but what about passengers who wish to alight at stops not on the limited stop but use the 141 from Merry Hill or Cradley heath?

241 seems to of just been a way to add extra Buses between Halesowen and Merry Hill which personally I don't feel was massively needed. This also allows what I heard yesterday that the 140 and 241 will come back to Durley rota.

Sh4318

The X10 is sure to raise a few eyebrows. If it were limited stop, many stops in Quinton that have had a direct service to Merry Hill for over 20 years will lose that, but it would also reduce journey times between Birmingham and Merry Hill. 241 to Merry Hill was never going to last forever
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 16, 2016, 12:55:12 PM
The X10 is sure to raise a few eyebrows. If it were limited stop, many stops in Quinton that have had a direct service to Merry Hill for over 20 years will lose that, but it would also reduce journey times between Birmingham and Merry Hill. 241 to Merry Hill was never going to last forever

Whilst the X51 has shown that Limited Stop services can work, would the X10 on the busy Hagley Road really work. Plus as @Sh4318 says, instead of creating extra links, you are cutting them, unless you continue to run the 141 alongside the X10 as the 51 runs alongside the X51.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stevo

I wonder if the X10 will be one of the Platinum routes promised for the Black Country.

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 16, 2016, 01:04:41 PM
Whilst the X51 has shown that Limited Stop services can work, would the X10 on the busy Hagley Road really work. Plus as @Sh4318 says, instead of creating extra links, you are cutting them, unless you continue to run the 141 alongside the X10 as the 51 runs alongside the X51.

Yes but the X51 also has another route (51) that follows the same route and isn't limited stop. The X10 will not have that.

Trident 4609

Also on top of my points, If the 69 was partly replace the 28, keep it serving the bus station, as opposed to a loop of Wolverhampton City Centre (which has been proposed).

Westy

Why the fondness for peak only services?

Why dont they trying running them during the day as well?

Surprised they've waited this long to consider renumbering the 301,302,311 & 313.

Surpose the other operators on the route will keep the existing numbers?

Wonder why Nx are reinstating a service along Bentley Road North & South?

Trident 4194

BK63 YWP

529 renumbered to 52 or something if they are renumbering 311 313 141 to 2 digit numbers
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 16, 2016, 04:43:40 PM
Why the fondness for peak only services?

Why dont they trying running them during the day as well?

Surprised they've waited this long to consider renumbering the 301,302,311 & 313.

Surpose the other operators on the route will keep the existing numbers?

Wonder why Nx are reinstating a service along Bentley Road North & South?

Oops!

Bentley Roads N&S only recently reopened as a through route.

Interesting that 301/2 will revert to their Walsall Corporation trolleybus route numbers...
Tony

Quote from: WN on March 16, 2016, 01:20:51 PM
Yes but the X51 also has another route (51) that follows the same route and isn't limited stop. The X10 will not have that.
The X64 doesn't have it either though but works.

Anyone who wants to go to Merry Hill or, Cradley Heath from anywere beteween Five Ways and Quinton could still get the 9 to Halesowen then get the X10 from there or walk to the next nearest X10 stop.
As long as it used the busiest stops on the route I think that could work

I think the 33/39/75 and 41 (To replace the 40 between Walsall and Willenhall) changes look like a good idea.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk