News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

WA DUTIES

Started by Tomf1993, February 01, 2016, 07:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 02, 2016, 06:53:30 PM
Maybe he found you friendly etc, as not many of these drivers at TWM are very friendly or like to talk, even when you get off the bus passengers say thanks and try to make a little small chat, I always say are you finished some drivers are nice and tell you their day or evening ahead, some will just look and stair.

Thank you, good evening etc is fair enough but I wouldn't want people asking me about whether my shift was about to finish or not, my tendency would be to think that person was an oddball. There are pleasantries and then there's over stepping the mark where most people would feel quite uncomfortable. And let's face it, the bus enthusiast fraternity does attract some strange ones...

Westy

The one black lady driver on the 311/313, I have a natter with, because I know her sister, who works for the same company I work for.

don

Quote from: Mike K on February 02, 2016, 07:43:51 PM
And let's face it, the bus enthusiast fraternity does attract some strange ones...

Well maybe a few - but then so do many interests and professions. I've even come across strange bus drivers (both from the angle of a passenger - most notably excessive grumpiness or gross discourtesy) or as another road user (as a pedestrian, bus used as a weapon (a particular problem in London Tomf) as a motorist, gross discourtesy or thoroughly dangerous driving).

But let's not tar everyone with the same brush. I suspect most bus drivers would be more worried by potential hooligans, elderly ladies wielding umbrellas or the ever present threat of terrorist action rather than the occasional OCD/balmy enthusiast.

As has been said, the information requested is possibly commercially sensitive anyway. You can probably work it out for yourself from observation and timetables?

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tomf1993

This is why the whole Bus network should be like TFL who openly provide this sort of data on their website, most operators I ask, I always get it, their is that saying if you don't ask you don't get, Ive got sets of info for most companies upto 50 companies or more. Its TWM which is the first company Ive had issues with this.  Even though after a week of asking I got an email from a very senior figure with all the TWM info.

winston

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 03, 2016, 04:19:13 PM
This is why the whole Bus network should be like TFL who openly provide this sort of data on their website, most operators I ask, I always get it, their is that saying if you don't ask you don't get, Ive got sets of info for most companies upto 50 companies or more. Its TWM which is the first company Ive had issues with this.  Even though after a week of asking I got an email from a very senior figure with all the TWM info.

We don't want the whole Bus Network to be like TFL, it will cost the tax payer a fortune to fund.

Tomf1993

Oh so you like a Labour government , do you? everything free free free and Bill some one who is a millionaire?  ;) Labour make me laugh, they wont get no where with Corbyn. Far to much welfare and everything free free free. No more free handouts that is what I say. People should learn to budget their money more properly instead of spend spend spend like Gordon Brown

winston

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 03, 2016, 04:45:05 PM
Oh so you like a Labour government , do you? everything free free free and Bill some one who is a millionaire?  ;) Labour make me laugh, they wont get no where with Corbyn. Far to much welfare and everything free free free. No more free handouts that is what I say. People should learn to budget their money more properly instead of spend spend spend like Gordon Brown

Nope! Just don't want a regulated TFL system across the board, waste of money!

As a result of London Politics / TFL there are numerous Citaro Bendies sat idle / unwanted littering up the UK and they're wasting excessive amounts of money buying Borismasters over standard Hybrid models.

Could you not find the 'delete account' button?

karl724223

@Winston this thread should be locked as no Dutys or Rotas should be put on any forum

@karl724223 - Tony's already removed the duty information originally posted

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 03, 2016, 04:45:05 PM

Do you forget that London is a whole different country compared to the rest of country gets treated differently I.E. Londoners get more money for a job and outside the M25 its a lower wage for the same job because its a higher living cost down there. Governments Labour spend, Torys cut back. Maggie was a milk snatcher.

London operates different to the west midlands. Likely doubt it will become like the tfl, see why the devolution brings when the combined west mids authority starts this year
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 02, 2016, 06:53:30 PM
Maybe he found you friendly etc, as not many of these drivers at TWM are very friendly or like to talk, even when you get off the bus passengers say thanks and try to make a little small chat, I always say are you finished some drivers are nice and tell you their day or evening ahead, some will just look and stair.

Do the job for a few years and then come back with the same attitude.

Kids nowadays.

Thread terminated.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk