News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Running early?

Started by Trident 4194, December 19, 2015, 02:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

So it illegal to run early? I didn't think it was.

T840MAK

It's not illegal as such, but the company will be penalised by the TC.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 19, 2015, 02:40:53 PM
So it illegal to run early? I didn't think it was.

Not illegal! Just not allowed. As the saying goes you can be on time.or.late but NEVER early when leaving a timing point

Stu

Quote from: WN on December 19, 2015, 05:57:52 PM
Not illegal! Just not allowed. As the saying goes you can be on time.or.late but NEVER early when leaving a timing point

And that is something a lot of passengers fail to understand, usually the ones pressing the stop bell while a bus is waiting to make up time when running early!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: WN on December 19, 2015, 05:57:52 PM

The saying is you can have loads of excuses to run late, but none for early.

What if your being chased by an axe murdered, then can you run early? I've always wondered that lmao.

B10L1473

What about the riots in Birmingham 2011

Wait your time while bricks and looters coming attacking your bus.

JoNi

So if the bus in front doesn't run you can't be instructed to run early to even out the gap in service?

BU07 LGO

Its awkward when the timing points are in places that you cause an obstruction because traffic cant pas

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 21, 2015, 07:22:25 PM
Its awkward when the timing points are in places that you cause an obstruction because traffic cant pas

We've got a few of those. Three I can think of are

Streetly Road, Short Heath on the 28 both directions
Bromford Lane on the 914 City bound
33 Warren Farm Road/Hawthorn Road, Pheasey bound

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on December 21, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
We've got a few of those. Three I can think of are

Streetly Road, Short Heath on the 28 both directions
Bromford Lane on the 914 City bound
33 Warren Farm Road/Hawthorn Road, Pheasey bound

The 51 is bad at perry barr train station, and Foley arms on the 937 Brownhills bound, the traffic queues up on to the island even when I put hazards on its hard to get round because there's always cars coming the other way!
997 by the drakes drum

Dom

The daisy bank timing point on the 82 got moved in January to two stops before as it was right infront of a set of traffic lights and caused a crap load of traffic.

Quote from: B10L1473 on December 20, 2015, 11:41:03 PM
What about the riots in Birmingham 2011

Wait your time while bricks and looters coming attacking your bus.
I was on corporation st at the time of the riots with riot police chasing the mob up corporation st, I had a drop back of several minutes when the city inspector approached me and told me to do one forget the time , I booted it out of city with me merc I drove to five ways and waited my time there. 

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on December 22, 2015, 11:49:38 AM
I was on corporation st at the time of the riots with riot police chasing the mob up corporation st, I had a drop back of several minutes when the city inspector approached me and told me to do one forget the time , I booted it out of city with me merc I drove to five ways and waited my time there. 

Imagine it with a E400. Wait for doors to close. Then a delay. Then the thing starts moving. More delay. Then you're up to 10mph and another delay as it changes gear. Then a delay when you press the horn to alert a pedestrian of your presence. Put your indicators on, more delay. Get what I'm saying here. Ha ha.
But riots are no laughing matter.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

GeminiFan1991

With the best will in the world, if I was a driver and I noticed what I perceived to be a threat to myself or any passengers on my bus, I'd move on
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Kevin

So what possible excuse could there be for a bus running early? Particularly from the start of the route (as per my 66 to work this morning, left at 07:37)
I ask as the response I got from the inspector was "his clock's probably different, they all run at different times"
!!!!
Surely that's a major problem if that was the case?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk