News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Newest Named Buses

Started by John, November 30, 2015, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthdc

Trident 4609

4679 is now named 'Tony Hunter'

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on September 08, 2019, 11:03:44 AM

About time to, I sent them an email last year saying a bus should be named after Tony for everything he does for the bus enthusiast community and they came back with the limp excuse, they were only naming buses with girls names. Thank goodness they have come to there senses.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

darthdc

Only girls names? I've already seen a few buses named after men, but all are dedications painted on the sides, usually as golden handshakes, or memoriams. I have seen ones for enthusiasts too.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 08, 2019, 01:16:14 PM
About time to, I sent them an email last year saying a bus should be named after Tony for everything he does for the bus enthusiast community and they came back with the limp excuse, they were only naming buses with girls names. Thank goodness they have come to there senses.
I agree @Stuharris 6360 Tony deserves the recognition for all the hard work he does for us the bus enthusiasts & the bus community as a whole

Stu

Quote from: Nathan on September 08, 2019, 11:03:44 AM

Got this shot at the Bush Bash today:

Well done Tony, recognition at last! :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

darthdc

So, will there be another bus for Steve Widdows? Often saw 4679 on the 11 (live on the route).

Westy

It's a shame, from the photo I saw on Facebook,  there's an advertising frame & advert on 4679!

Surely there's enough buses in the fleet,  to allow the heritage fleet to shine in it's full glory?

PB2938

I agree wish all the heritage Vechiles was Advert free.
The metrobuses was back in 1996.

I remember 3000 gaining Advert frames towards the end of heritage buses around 2002.

All was slowly repainted into fleet livery. I think 2989 was the last one until 2004.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

darthdc

Can anyone give me the name for 6918 please? Snapped it today, but didn't catch the name (even in the photo)

BH2004

What are 7524, 7525, 7527, 7528, 7529, 7531 names this is for a fleetlist that I'm doing

busboy31

Quote from: darthdc on September 10, 2019, 03:31:13 PM
Can anyone give me the name for 6918 please? Snapped it today, but didn't catch the name (even in the photo)
Olivia Louise is the name on 6918

darthdc

BN

Quote from: Stu on September 08, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
Got this shot at the Bush Bash today:

Well done Tony, recognition at last! :D

Has anyone got a link of know where there are some photos of the bus bash at all please?

Stu

Quote from: BN on September 12, 2019, 06:44:31 PM
Has anyone got a link of know where there are some photos of the bus bash at all please?

I took a few photos, maybe not the best quality, but as Billesley Common is a five minute walk from my home, it would have been rude not to  ;)
http://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2019/09/some-pics-from-birmingham-bus-bash/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk