News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Newest Named Buses

Started by John, November 30, 2015, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

When a bus is named and subsequently withdrawn down the line, will the name transfer to a different vehicle, or is that it finished. Did 1834 get 4601's name? I  can't remember.
I guess this would be thought of by a few on here in the coming weeks when one in particular is definitely going. Also for your own bus Tony. You've had the honour given to you, but the geminis probably haven't got all that long left themselves.

BBS

QuoteWhen a bus is named and subsequently withdrawn down the line, will the name transfer to a different vehicle, or is that it finished. Did 1834 get 4601's name? I  can't remember.
I guess this would be thought of by a few on here in the coming weeks when one in particular is definitely going. Also for your own bus Tony. You've had the honour given to you, but the geminis probably haven't got all that long left themselves.
I believe 4653s name was transferred down from another Gemini that was transferred to Coventry 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

CL

Quote from: Gareth on June 12, 2024, 10:23:04 PMWhen a bus is named and subsequently withdrawn down the line, will the name transfer to a different vehicle, or is that it finished. Did 1834 get 4601's name? I  can't remember.
1834 did indeed inherit 4601's name. As did 4780 when 4781 was withdrawn. Another instance - albeit not a withdrawal - was 6832 gaining the name off 4884.

I do think it varies by circumstance. Equally, there has been occasions where name plaques have not transferred onto other vehicles on withdrawal.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk