News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service with a Smile

Started by Bryan, November 02, 2015, 10:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

I had to ride on the number 6 this evening from Shirley to Hall Green with a woman driver.

What a great experience, she said hello to everyone getting on and goodbye to everyone getting off, also very helpful when I wasn't sure of my stop!

For anyone in NXWM admin it was around 19:30 on Scania 1920.

Stuharris 6360

That's what people like to here, good service.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

We've got one on the Walsall to Dudley route.

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 02, 2015, 10:08:54 PM
That's what people like to here, good service.

I can't argue with that.

It was quite interesting that several passengers who I suspect would say nothing when leaving the bus did say bye to the driver. All I can say is she is a positive aspect to public transport.

As for the reason I had to catch the bus, my car was going in the opposite direction behind an RAC van. To make things even worse, I had left my Swift e-Daysaver card at home, not something I will do again!

Stuharris 6360

Maybe we should post in this thread when someone see's particularly good customer service?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BU07 LGO

Was it an older woman with short hair?

Squiz1971

On the 72 there is a male driver who always says hello/goodbye when you get on & off the bus and also says have a good day or words to that effect. Makes the journey feel better when the driver acknowledges/speaks to you like that I feel. My personal opinion really

Bryan

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 03, 2015, 12:17:03 PM
Maybe we should post in this thread when someone see's particularly good customer service?

That sounds like a good idea.

MrBevan2000

I know these twins who are on the Sutton lines (@John might know them but I won't name them). They always smile, hello and say thank you when you are getting off. I always compliment them on their attitude towards passengers.

Bryan

Quote from: Squiz1971 on November 03, 2015, 02:14:50 PM
On the 72 there is a male driver who always says hello/goodbye when you get on & off the bus and also says have a good day or words to that effect. Makes the journey feel better when the driver acknowledges/speaks to you like that I feel. My personal opinion really

In my opinion, it's just simple things like that make life better for encouraging people going onto public transport.

Yes it's well and good being polite , bus drivers and the travelling joe public are like berty bassetts you get all sorts , my own attitude largely depends on what road I,m on and how I,m feeling at the time. Generally I keep quiet only speak when spoken to , you get some who,ll start a conversation it's never ending and you want to be rude by telling them to shut up.

karl724223

Depends on how good looking and fit she is 😉

domino.99

Quote from: karl724223 on November 03, 2015, 04:49:39 PM
Depends on how good looking and fit she is 😉

Lol. On a serious note though @karl724223 do you normally say thank you to passengers? If it was me if they say thank you or hello I'd say it back just plain manors but if they don't show it why should I.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Bryan on November 03, 2015, 02:53:40 PM
Yes she was.

I did my training with an older lady that went to YW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk