News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Greener Buses

Started by ARBB, November 01, 2015, 12:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry619

This looks like the more interesting bit:

The organisations are also bidding for further funding which, if successful, would see the bus company and Centro introduce up to 50 fully electric buses in 2017 and 2018 on routes with air quality issues.

The two organisations are also working with Birmingham City Council as part of the 100 Bus Hydrogen Project, which aims to put 20 fuel cell buses into service in 2018.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2900 on January 10, 2016, 10:58:48 AM
talk around the garage is 127/8 will be off to pensnett garage to link up with the 129 and in return West Bromwich will get the 120 service back, more than enough Geminis to cover all running cards.

Drivers at pensnett would have to be type trained for geminis?

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 10, 2016, 11:31:16 AM
Drivers at pensnett would have to be type trained for geminis?
If it transfered couldn't Pensnett use the B7RLE or, Tridents on it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I don't think  the Geminis would move to  pensnett the b7rle,s could be used on the 127/8/9 with some tridents for the peak, west brom operated mercs on the 127/8 for years only issue was peak time loadings which as I say can be dealt with a double decker on those running cards no different to what pennsnet are doing with 120 currently.

BU07 LGO

From an enthusiasts view once the "traps" or diesel particulate filters are fitted the bus will lose performance and will sound different.

Its good that they will have a new lease of life but it wont be like a Gemini today

Bryan

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 10, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
From an enthusiasts view once the "traps" or diesel particulate filters are fitted the bus will lose performance and will sound different.

Its good that they will have a new lease of life but it wont be like a Gemini today

This is a bonus in my opinion if they are quieter, and I'm an enthusiast who lives next to one of the routes they are operated on.

West Bromwich Geminis need all the power the engine can muster, fitting of traps is going turn them into slugs, I guess it wil dull the very entertaining mk1 enviro 400 as well , whoopie for us drivers.
May be they should try traps on the ALX400 Volvo B7TL voith gearbox, I,d imagine driving it would be horoficly slow. At west brom I,ve met quite a few drivers from London they all say they can't believe how strangled the voith b7tl,s are its rediclous compared to the London examples.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on January 11, 2016, 11:36:17 AMAt west brom I,ve met quite a few drivers from London they all say they can't believe how strangled the voith b7tl,s are its rediclous compared to the London examples.

Quoted for emphasis.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

When I was at Training, there was a couple of London drivers going to WB actually. Not really relevant but just thinking aloud.

Eric Shaw

Has work been started on the fitting of diesel particulate filters? If not unless the fitting can be done quickly there will not be much time to convert 150 buses, which I assume will be required by May 2017.

uniquicity

Quote from: Eric Shaw on May 12, 2016, 09:13:34 PM
Has work been started on the fitting of diesel particulate filters? If not unless the fitting can be done quickly there will not be much time to convert 150 buses, which I assume will be required by May 2017.

It has gone quiet hasn't it :p

9/10 months to go now

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: uniquicity on August 02, 2016, 06:41:29 PM
It has gone quiet hasn't it :p

9/10 months to go now

You'd think now is a good time due to the lower overall PVR, vehicles are being transferred all over and so ideally they should be converted now.

Do we know which vehicles will have them ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 02, 2016, 06:47:06 PM
You'd think now is a good time due to the lower overall PVR, vehicles are being transferred all over and so ideally they should be converted now.

Do we know which vehicles will have them ?

How do you know nothing is happening?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk