News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Greener Buses

Started by ARBB, November 01, 2015, 12:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on November 04, 2015, 10:07:46 PM
Wi Fi is a luxury and I reckon it'll be exclusive for the Platinums
the 11, 11U, 12X, 54 and 154 have wifi and they are not Platinum
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Apparently all NXWM buses have WiFi, which makes sense. For the data on the ticket machines.

PM

Surprised no one has mentioned this, Birmingham has funding for 27 buses to have their emissions lowered plus a further 123 will be locally funded. I assume this will be 150 deckers in central Birmingham that would otherwise not be Euro4 by next January?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35217026

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 03, 2016, 07:04:57 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned this, Birmingham has funding for 27 buses to have their emissions lowered plus a further 123 will be locally funded. I assume this will be 150 deckers in central Birmingham that would otherwise not be Euro4 by next January?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35217026

The original bid was for 200 buses to be retro-fitted with Eminox traps to reduce emissions

I assume this is why BC is receiving an increasing number of 54 plate Tridents

PM

Slightly reduced from what they bid for then. I guess it's not worth converting anything much older than 11 years old, especially if some of the work is being funded by NX? Depending on what "locally funded" means Centro/Birmingham City Council/National Express.

Just surprised London's getting funding, it's fleet is already very modern and gets replaced through tendering. Think the funding for 50 buses being upgraded would be better spent outside London!

winston

I expect 'locally funded' means the funding will come from Bus Alliance partners, namely NX.

No, I doubt you would re-coup the investment on Eminox Euro 6 traps on anything older than 54 plate, additionally Central Birmingham routes can't all be converted to min Euro 4 deckers as that would be at the expense of non Central Birmingham routes.

50 London buses being converted is hardly going to make a noticeable impact, I agree the funding would have been better allocated elsewhere 

BK63 YWP

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 03, 2016, 07:35:42 PM
Slightly reduced from what they bid for then. I guess it's not worth converting anything much older than 11 years old, especially if some of the work is being funded by NX? Depending on what "locally funded" means Centro/Birmingham City Council/National Express.

Just surprised London's getting funding, it's fleet is already very modern and gets replaced through tendering. Think the funding for 50 buses being upgraded would be better spent outside London!

Maybe for the PBs Geminis and some of the 02/52/03 tridents?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 03, 2016, 07:48:43 PM
I expect 'locally funded' means the funding will come from Bus Alliance partners, namely NX.

No, I doubt you would re-coup the investment on Eminox Euro 6 traps on anything older than 54 plate, additionally Central Birmingham routes can't all be converted to min Euro 4 deckers as that would be at the expense of non Central Birmingham routes.

50 London buses being converted is hardly going to make a noticeable impact, I agree the funding would have been better allocated elsewhere

I assumed as much, I'd predict 18 WB 06 Gem's will be done, 31 04/54 BC tridents, 30 BC 03 tridents, 15 PE 03 tridents, 33 PB Gem's which makes about 127 on very rough calculations then the balance as AG Gem's that work in on city centre services.

winston

CL

Not related to above post; Noticed yesterday, on the rear of 6104 in particular - that another sticker is on the scene. On the right hand side of the rear, seems to have a circular crimson sticker with the text "Greener Emissions," and underneath it, "Euro 6" - or at least something along those lines...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on January 07, 2016, 03:58:37 PM
Not related to above post; Noticed yesterday, on the rear of 6104 in particular - that another sticker is on the scene. On the right hand side of the rear, seems to have a circular crimson sticker with the text "Greener Emissions," and underneath it, "Euro 6" - or at least something along those lines...
The E200 MMC also have that.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

PM

Why not use a media photograph of a bus actually to Euro6 standards, in the current livery?!  ::)

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 07, 2016, 09:26:38 PM
Why not use a media photograph of a bus actually to Euro6 standards, in the current livery?!  ::)

Because they're fitting them to old buses!

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2016, 10:10:08 PM
Because they're fitting them to old buses!

You'd have thought that they would have at least used a photo of a refurbished Crimson example rather than a 2007 launch photo dating back to Bowker days

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 07, 2016, 10:16:06 PM
You'd have thought that they would have at least used a photo of a refurbished Crimson example rather than a 2007 launch photo dating back to Bowker days

Precisely, no wonder the papers use outdated images if NX themselves do. ::) The new brand identity still doesn't seem totally rolled out. Would be good if a logo was put onto the greener buses to indicate that though they look older they are nearly as green as newer examples, as TfL specify.

Just very funny they use an image of investment 8/9 years ago, in a different livery of a type of bus unlikely to even get the treatment. Talk about not selling yourself! Stick a WM Buses Walsall logo on it to finish it off ::) Or do a version of that cleaner greener WMT advertising livery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk