News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NEWBY ON STEEP LEARNING CURVE

Started by devilishlygood, October 27, 2015, 10:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilishlygood

In advanced middle age I have only just gotten an interest in buses within the past 6 weeks or so, and I am now on a very steep learning curve.
I have only registered with this site tonight in the hope of learning more
For the time being though I have a few questions regarding Pensnett's open day last Saturday.
It occurred to me on reviewing my photograph's that the 'dump' was all single deck buses. Why only single Decker's? Are double Decker's not being withdrawn?
Does anybody have a list of all the withdrawn stuff that was visible that day?
Is it possible at all to return in order to go round the withdrawn stuff? It was fenced off on the day, but are you allowed to wander round outside of 'special days'?
Do other garages have dumps and are we allowed to go round them?
I'd rather see as much old, withdrawn stuff ASAP before it is scrapped.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Quote from: devilishlygood on October 27, 2015, 10:27:20 PM
In advanced middle age I have only just gotten an interest in buses within the past 6 weeks or so, and I am now on a very steep learning curve.
For the time being though I have a few questions regarding Pensnett's open day last Saturday.
It occurred to me on reviewing my photograph's that the 'dump' was all single deck buses. Why only single Decker's? Are double Decker's not being withdrawn?
Is it possible at all to return in order to go round the withdrawn stuff? It was fenced off on the day, but are you allowed to wander round outside of 'special days'?
Lea Hall, Miller Street and Pensnet all store withdrawn viechles no, other garages and you can't just go round them due to health and safety
Deckers do get withdrawn. There are some withdrawn Spectras at Miller Street and Presidents in reserve at Miller Street
The Presidents are most likely the next viechles to be withdrawn
@devilishlygood
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: devilishlygood on October 27, 2015, 10:27:20 PM

It is mostly single deckers that are being withdrawn at present, this is due to early low floor single deckers not being DDA compliant. All single deckers must be DDA compliant come 1st Jan 2016. Only the Spectra fleet has been withdrawn recently along with a couple of Presidents either fire damaged or beyond economical repair & the odd Trident which has been fired damaged.

Buses which *should* have still been present in the Pensnett withdrawn fleet, should be as follows:

B6LE's = 502, 561, 572, 600, 649, 658 & 660
Excel's = 687, 708 & 711
B10L/Wright 1411, 1413, 1414, 1420, 1426, 1461 & 1471
B10L/Ultra = 1504
Merc 0405N's = 1543, 1546, 1553-55, 1586, 1593, 1605, 1612, 1616, 1619, 1627-32, 1636, 1637, 1639, 1640-43, 1646-48, 1657, 1666, 1670, 1677, 1700, 1704-6 & 1743

You can return, but you can't enter the gates of the staff car park like you could that day, you can see some of the withdrawn stuff through the fence and if you go down to the next avenue that runs parallel, you can see a fair bit of the buses parked at the bottom of the yard though the fence. Miller St you can see most of the withdrawn stuff in death row & the secondary yard from the public highway, some of the stuff parked in the original depot backing up to the offices you can see from various vantage points (from public footpaths / highway), some will be out of sight.
At Lea Hall you will open be able to see anything parked in the rear yard by looking through gaps in the gates

West brom garage has several dead mercs lying around most are inside , some near front yard oak lane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk