News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by greg in exile, October 18, 2015, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg in exile

Hi thanks for letting me join the group, hope I have posted this in the correct place as this the first time I have joined any group. A little about myself, I am 'greg in exile' as I live in Lowestoft,Suffolk though I was brought up in Great Barr. I have been interested in Transport all of my life and despite being a 'Brummie' myself spent a lot of time around West Bromwich and Walsall areas where my family originate from. The buses and railways of those areas always held a fascination for me and in 1974 joined WMPTE at Perry Barr as one of the last conductors taken on, becoming a driver in early 1975. My main work was on the 11 or 90/91 routes. In late 1975 I made a move east to drive for Lowestoft Corporation, the lure of driving their surviving AEC Regent 111s and Vs being too much to resist, unfortunatly it was short lived as the company ceased within a year. I moved to become a seasonal driver at Eastern Counties in Great Yarmouth, their crash-box Bristols being a world away from Birminghams well-behaved Daimlers and Guys. I returned to WMPTE in 1977 but in 1978 had to return back East as my wife was unhappy with life away from her family back east, so it was back to Eastern Counties again! From 1979-1984 I worked for a number of Suffolk Coach Operators until a spinal injury called time on my bus career. However my interest in transport never waned and looking back I feel quite privileged to have driven so many different types in such a short career. I don't get up to Birmingham very much these days but always bring my camera and try to keep up to date with WMPTEs successor whenever possible. I look forward reading posts and contributing whenever possible.

Ronnoc

Hi, and welcome to this forum. Unfortunately this is the wrong area to post this but hopefully the moderators will accept this as you're new. I hope you enjoy your time here!
This is the correct area you should've posted in http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2292.msg164842#new

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk