News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: karl724223 on November 16, 2015, 08:30:39 PM
Did a 129 today  not very happy passengers  from merry hill  to bearwood very few plates and timetables changed app still showing 53 running  so passengers young and old were still waiting for buses that no longer ran  also Birmingham side of route 129 on plates from old route but timetables still say bus was going to west brom
No wonder the service I saw was dead quiet!

Sh4318

After riding the 50, I have to be honest, the concept is of this kind of circular is a good idea, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired, roads that have been served by past routes 53, 444 for over 10 years are left without a bus route/a lesser service, it serves a lot of the roads that other, more frequent and ultimate quicker routes serve, I'm happy to see its operated by decker so though, even though they're not really needed

The 129 was dead as expected, it's early days, but I don't think it'll be a busy route on the whole. I haven't ridden the 48 yet, but I think I'll do it off peak, so I have a good chance of a seat
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 17, 2015, 12:24:36 AM
After riding the 50, I have to be honest, the concept is of this kind of circular is a good idea, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired, roads that have been served by past routes 53, 444 for over 10 years are left without a bus route/a lesser service, it serves a lot of the roads that other, more frequent and ultimate quicker routes serve, I'm happy to see its operated by decker so though, even though they're not really needed

The 129 was dead as expected, it's early days, but I don't think it'll be a busy route on the whole. I haven't ridden the 48 yet, but I think I'll do it off peak, so I have a good chance of a seat

Fair play, never thought I'd hear you say that after your comments.

I'm not fully familiar with the area, but do the more frequent / quicker routes that you refer to where the 50 A/C runs parallel result in previous destinations were served with a direct route are still served with the addition of a change of bus?

Sh4318

Quote from: Winston on November 17, 2015, 12:34:51 AM
Fair play, never thought I'd hear you say that after your comments.

I'm not fully familiar with the area, but do the more frequent / quicker routes that you refer to where the 50 A/C runs parallel result in previous destinations were served with a direct route are still served with the addition of a change of bus?

I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but I'll try and answer it as best I can. Bearwood to Londonderry is still served, by the 120, it takes 5 minutes, the 50 takes 20 minutes to get to Bearwood from Londonderry. Bearwood to Warley is still served, by the 127-9, takes approximately 10 minutes, the 50 takes 12 minures.

The frequencies of both (120, 127-9) are every 10 minutes, so already have an edge over the 50. The problem here is the 50 goes "around the rekin" as they say, so you would never get the 50 over any of these routes. Even if you lived on Hales Lane or Norman Road, you'd probably still go for those routes over the 50

winston

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 17, 2015, 01:11:02 AM
I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but I'll try and answer it as best I can. Bearwood to Londonderry is still served, by the 120, it takes 5 minutes, the 50 serves Thimblemill Road and the Queens Head. Bearwood to Warley is still served, by the 127-9, takes approximately 10 minutes. The frequencies of both are every 10 minutes, so already have an edge over the 50. The problem here is the 50 goes "around the rekin" as they say, so you would never get the 50 over any of these routes

Previously where you used the example Londonderry lose a direct link to Merry Hill with the withdrawal of the 53. Can passengers in the Londonderry area not still travel a short distance on the 50 A/C & change on to a 129 where they meet to get to Merry Hill? I.e. effectively is the new 50 A/C providing a circular service that's crosses over various Sandwell corridors to maintain the links that were previously served with the addition of passengers to make one change to reach their end destination?

Sh4318

Quote from: Winston on November 17, 2015, 01:19:29 AM
Previously where you used the example Londonderry lose a direct link to Merry Hill with the withdrawal of the 53. Can passengers in the Londonderry area not still travel a short distance on the 50 A/C & change on to a 129 where they meet to get to Merry Hill? I.e. effectively is the new 50 A/C providing a circular service that's crosses over various Sandwell corridors to maintain the links that were previously served with the addition of passengers to make one change to reach their end destination?

Oh, I get you. To be fair, you can use the 50 to connect with the 129 and only have a few minutes wait at the George. This hasn't really publicised, so I think people who live at Londonderry, like my friend(s) (who used the 53 to Merry Hill for work) will end up getting the 120 & 4M to get to Merry Hill. The 50 also reconnects Hales Lane back to Bearwood, a link that was lost in 2012

Seen a notice in the garage 127 route to city amended in blackheath town centre , after making the sainsbury stop it will come round to the big island in the town and  turn right to make the market stop on long lane, 127 will not serve Barclay bank stop. Really is last second.com

r700a

Quote from: 2900 on November 17, 2015, 08:28:49 AM
Seen a notice in the garage 127 route to city amended in blackheath town centre , after making the sainsbury stop it will come round to the big island in the town and  turn right to make the market stop on long lane, 127 will not serve Barclay bank stop. Really is last second.com

According to the timetable and map on Network West Midlands, it doesn't even serve Sainsbury's any more; it seems to just omits this stop completely...

I'm guessing this change is to coordinate with the 129, but surely if they want to do this with the 129, what was the difference with the 53 apart from the number??

This is really going to throw a lot of people off for the next few days.

Some of AGs Presidents now have a notice on them that the 71, 72, 49 and a couple of other routes in Solihull that our listed now serve the railway station again
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

Still the bus stops on the 53 route not been changed or the Birmingham end still showing 129 to West Bromwich

BK63 YWP

Quote from: karl724223 on November 18, 2015, 05:10:52 PM
Still the bus stops on the 53 route not been changed or the Birmingham end still showing 129 to West Bromwich

The first stop after 129 leaves merry hill still says 53
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Bus stops finally been changed on the 53/129 section of route merry hill to cradley Heath

Squiz1971

72 timetables have also been changed around Bromford Estate noticed today while waiting on Chipperfield Road in the wet 12pm

Trident 4609

59 timetable still hasn't been changed in Wolverhampton Bus Station. As a result, the old timetable doesn't list the earlier Sunday trips at 07:40 and 08:30.

MickeyCool36

Since the 444 it is indeed true that the Blue gates via Stony Lane Devonshire Rd onto Londonderry hasnt been replaced. Especially as Devonshire Rd is a Hill and impractical to walk up. As far as I know getting on there (444) it was always packed. I think the problem was more Warley as it took so long. But now even the 50A/C takes 30mins to Bearwood and the 48 from Holly Lane is quicker so in a sense the 444 wasnt replaced on this section. The links to Oldbury and Beawood isnt that great and I certainly wouldnt use the 87 or 89 from Oldbury with shopping due to hills the 120 would be a better option. I know the 55 is used a lot to ferry folk from High Street Smethwick up the hill and in that section its always packed more so than the rest of its route and the 21, 20, 122 which I see few people on. The Igo 21 could be rerouted to serve Devonshire and Stony Lane better (as the 83 doesnt go to either Oldbury or Bearwood but is a great bus otherwise). I saw the 20 has been rerouted to serve Alexander Rd. I do see a number of roads omitted and most probably walk to quicker buses e.g. 120. A more direct Smethwick High Street Merry Hill bus might be useful especially with the new hospital. I like the idea of a circular on 50A/C but it would require maybe two routes it would be difficult to serve that many roads in Warley and it isnt that direct (most don't mind serving other roads but it can take too long. I also notice many roads with no West Bromwich Bus e.g. Londonderry Lane or no Bearwood bus or no Oldbury bus e.g. Holly Lane. I am sure many smaller companies could fill in the gaps better. The no Londonderry bus to Causeway Green and no Oldbury and Blackheath bus for Causeway Green is a little odd. Maybe the 128 and 89 swapping roads might be better e.g. 89 to Bristnall Hall Rd then Brookfields Langley Green Tat Bank, and 128 covering Manor Rd Holly Lane Devonshire and High Street (currently no Bearwood buses) might provide better crossover as well at 50A/C via High St Stony and Londonderry Lane might cover it better as opposed going up a small piece of Holly Lane which gives no service or even bus stops. Just suggestions. Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk