News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Bus Stops?

Started by OH25, August 30, 2015, 09:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH25

The pole stop at Tividale Road/Tividale Street is completely different to any other pole stop. New technology/new style?

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

LiamthebusGuy

Why have all the stops in and around Wolverhampton been replaced? What was wrong with the old ones?

CL

Just a thought..

All the flag post bus stops on Moor Street, and some on Smallbrook Queensway (NS6) have those stumps what are usually found on temporary bus stops - which leads me to this question:

Are they going to be replaced by new 'black slab' bus stops, I wonder?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on May 05, 2016, 08:00:17 AM
Just a thought..

All the flag post bus stops on Moor Street, and some on Smallbrook Queensway (NS6) have those stumps what are usually found on temporary bus stops - which leads me to this question:

Route changes due to progress at Paradise Circus Queensway.

CL

@979 i'm very aware of this, although not every service with these bus stops are affected by the works at Paradise Circus, for example..

Take the 16, for example - on Moor Street it serves the same stop as the 16A, 45, 47, 98 and 99 - all of which doesn't serve Paradise. My question stands.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on May 05, 2016, 03:42:46 PM
@979 i'm very aware of this, although not every service with these bus stops are affected by the works at Paradise Circus, for example..

Take the 16, for example - on Moor Street it serves the same stop as the 16A, 45, 47, 98 and 99 - all of which doesn't serve Paradise. My question stands.

And the bristol road.

Actually, more to the point...
Why do services which serve the first three stops in the start of Carr's Lane also stop at Moor Street Queensway? The stops are quite literally opposite each other.

If I had my way those services wouldn't serve that stop, as it'll free up the congestion around that right hand turn after Albert Street, and also I did mention how ridiculously close the two stops are.

(Also it'll stop the scumbags from running from Carrs to MStQ if the driver refused travel and hopping on again, I've seen. And if they missed the bus anyway they should wait for the next one instead of risking life and limb and baby in pushchair to catch a frequent service. Its amazing what you see standing in town for an hour. Well, 45 minutes if I'm honest. The city centre makes me sick.)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 05, 2016, 03:48:40 PM
And the bristol road.

Actually, more to the point...
Why do services which serve the first three stops in the start of Carr's Lane also stop at Moor Street Queensway? The stops are quite literally opposite each other.

If I had my way those services wouldn't serve that stop, as it'll free up the congestion around that right hand turn after Albert Street, and also I did mention how ridiculously close the two stops are.

(Also it'll stop the scumbags from running from Carrs to MStQ if the driver refused travel and hopping on again, I've seen. And if they missed the bus anyway they should wait for the next one instead of risking life and limb and baby in pushchair to catch a frequent service. Its amazing what you see standing in town for an hour. Well, 45 minutes if I'm honest. The city centre makes me sick.)
The 98, 99 and X64 also sop on both sides of the Priory Queensway and both stops are very close together.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

It has to be said that there are too many bus routes covering too much of the City Centre

CL

Quote from: 2206 on May 05, 2016, 05:18:59 PM
The 98, 99 and X64 also sop on both sides of the Priory Queensway and both stops are very close together.
Personally, I don't see a fault here; just the result of route change, is all... Truth be told, I agree with your statement - they are pretty close together.. ???

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2206 on May 05, 2016, 05:18:59 PM

They still serve the bottom stop!?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liverpool Street

until it cought fire

B.C Driver

The Bristol Rd stop at New St inbound (relief point) should be set down only.
This would ease driver reliefs, prevent passengers from boarding only to find there's no relief driver.
Also it would prevent passengers from running across from the 'from city' side when they see the bus coming INTO city - seen some near misses there as they run across without looking.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

CL

Quote from: clayderman on May 05, 2016, 08:00:17 AM
Just a thought..

Been meaning to post something about this, an update, if you will:

• New shelters have been put into place - like the ones found in Wolverhampton/Coventry City Centre; or outside New Street Station (Station Street).

• Still unsure whether the flag poles will be replaced by slab bus stops, but I'm guessing it should be - as the ones on Station Street were replaced.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk