News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 20th September

Started by Steve3229vp, August 07, 2015, 01:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: John on September 26, 2015, 05:43:05 PM
Its a good job you mentioned that @clayderman as I have swapped my duty on Tuesday for one on the 16 (because I needed an earlier finish). I've looked at the map on the NWM site, and it looks a better route and I would think less congested apart from turning from Smallbrook Queensway into Hill Street. I'll take a ride round the City loop on Monday to see where the stops are
It's a great route to connect parts of the City Centre, though, it's a shame it doesn't serve Birmingham Coach Station anymore... However, today I clocked Diamond still uses that route!

Unfortunately, with the NX route, I discovered that there's no stop on Smallbrook Queensway; which would've been useful for passengers wanting the Bull Ring Shopping Centre - although the stop outside Grand Central, on Station Street makes up for it I guess. @John
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on September 26, 2015, 06:39:29 PM
It's a great route to connect parts of the City Centre, though, it's a shame it doesn't serve Birmingham Coach Station anymore... However, today I clocked Diamond still uses that route!
@clayderman  Diamond will be following the same route as NXWM from October 25th and will no longer serve Birmingham Coach Station
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: 2206 on September 26, 2015, 06:53:01 PM
@clayderman  Diamond will be following the same route as NXWM from October 25th and will no longer serve Birmingham Coach Station
Thanks, @2206 - Also, it seems like not everyone got the 'memo' - I usually see NX Drivers from BC board the 16 down from Colmore Circus/Priory Queensway to get near Digbeth, and I remember seeing one on Friday confused about the route changes - he got off with the emergency door control buttons - whilst the bus was stationary on the Moor Street bus lane.

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on September 24, 2015, 09:40:02 PM

Caught the 16 from Station Street tonight, after visiting Grand Central on its opening day. I must say, I prefer these stops more than the others in the City! Great design, and brilliant ergonomics. Also, I was right, about the 16 going down Smallbrook Queensway, @John - though, you were close. ;) A little strange to see them serving that part of the City.

I agree, it now goes past the Bullring, which is handy, not sure if it actually stops there though. The stop on Station Street can only be a good thing for the route
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 27, 2015, 02:29:47 AM
I agree, it now goes past the Bullring, which is handy, not sure if it actually stops there though. The stop on Station Street can only be a good thing for the route
Sadly, it doesn't.

Quote from: clayderman on September 27, 2015, 11:53:24 AM
Sadly, it doesn't.
It stops at the stop at the top of Moor Street though and the Bullring is only at the top of the stairs by the stop @clayderman
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Caught a 16 round that wat yesterday evening and the driver stopped at the 45/47 stop outside Boots
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2015, 01:11:15 PM
Caught a 16 round that wat yesterday evening and the driver stopped at the 45/47 stop outside Boots

Quite surprising as the 45/47 has been moved to Carrs Lane, that stop is now home to 6/37
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on September 27, 2015, 01:26:43 PM
Quite surprising as the 45/47 has been moved to Carrs Lane, that stop is now home to 6/37
I think he means the Boots inside the Bullring the 45/47 stop outside a entrance to it on Smallbrook Queensway @GeminiFan1991
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2015, 01:11:15 PM
Caught a 16 round that way yesterday evening and the driver stopped at the 45/47 stop outside Boots
My experience on Friday - the 'buzzer' was triggered straight after Moor Street (Market bound), and the driver didn't stop outside the Boots. Then again, it is the 45/47 stop... Will have to go around that loop a couple more times, I guess, to see if it does.  ;D @Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2015, 12:15:46 PM
It stops at the stop at the top of Moor Street though and the Bullring is only at the top of the stairs by the stop @clayderman
While this is true, i'd say it's a bit annoying. The route now goes directly past the (2nd floor) Bull Ring Entrance, yet doesn't stop there (from my experience) - just a little inconvenient, don't you think? Also, I suppose it wouldn't help on busy days like Saturdays, where shoppers swarm the city.  ::) @2206

John

Quote from: clayderman on September 26, 2015, 06:39:29 PM

Unfortunately, with the NX route, I discovered that there's no stop on Smallbrook Queensway; which would've been useful for passengers wanting the Bull Ring Shopping Centre - although the stop outside Grand Central, on Station Street makes up for it I guess. @John

A lot better route than the Digbeth route, a lot quicker and less busy. I don't know what its like in the afternoon, the only problem I found was at the new stop at the back of Grand Central, the road gets very tight with the taxi rank on the right and illegally parked vehicles all over, including in the bus stops. I do agree there could be another stop either outside Boots on just after you exit the tunnel, or at the next set by the 144/146 stops

Even though its is now the second week and there has been notices on our buses, people still look surprised of the change in the route and ask you 'Has the route changed?' 'Do you still got to the markets?' etc. When I sat on the 16 to do the City loop yesterday, an old guy got really aggressive with the driver because of the route change

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk