News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 20th September

Started by Steve3229vp, August 07, 2015, 01:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

16 - Route change in City Centre to cover Hill Street and Station Street
X64 - Route amended to serve Q.E Hospital

the trainbasher

My thinking is that the X64 will be serving the QE ready so the 99 curtailment can happen...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Mike K

Bartley Green via QE, Selly Oak, Weoley Castle and Bangham Pit? Sounds strangely familiar. Ah yes, the good old 21 is reborn.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on August 07, 2015, 03:54:01 PM
Bartley Green via QE, Selly Oak, Weoley Castle and Bangham Pit? Sounds strangely familiar. Ah yes, the good old 21 is reborn.

Ah but this is an X route, therefore it's better....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BK63 YWP

@Mike K i can vaguely remember the 29 used to be numbered as something esle or has it always been the 29
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Mike K

Quote from: Chris on August 07, 2015, 09:05:06 PM
@Mike K i can vaguely remember the 29 used to be numbered as something esle or has it always been the 29

@Chris, the current 29 (city to Northfield, not the daft Frankley extension) has always been the 29 since it replaced the old 22 (City to Selly Oak via Harborne and Weoley Castle) around 1980. Not too long after the current 22 (Kitwell) was introduced.

There was a 29 years ago that I believe was a cross city service (Hall Green to Kingstanding possibly?).

Stevo

Yes - it was the 29 and 29A from the Baldwin, Hall Green, or Yardley Wood station cross city to Kingstanding. They were renumbered 90 and 91 back in the 1960s, if I remember right.

sonic84

Any news yet on what route the X64 is going to take to the QE Hospital and onwards to Selly Oak?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: sonic84 on August 11, 2015, 06:09:21 PM
Any news yet on what route the X64 is going to take to the QE Hospital and onwards to Selly Oak?

Normal route up to Edgbaston Park Road, bear right onto Selly Oak bypass, right into hospital, leave hospital as like a 98 to Selly Oak but swing a right into Gibbons Road, to the roundabout take a right and normal route.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 12, 2015, 03:21:39 AM
Normal route up to Edgbaston Park Road, bear right onto Selly Oak bypass, right into hospital, leave hospital as like a 98 to Selly Oak but swing a right into Gibbons Road, to the roundabout take a right and normal route.

So effectively missing out Selly Oak then. Will it continue to run limited stop between city and QE?
For the time being at least, pending rumoured changes to the 99, that's 8 buses an hour between city and QE.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on August 12, 2015, 10:30:20 AM
So effectively missing out Selly Oak then. Will it continue to run limited stop between city and QE?
For the time being at least, pending rumoured changes to the 99, that's 8 buses an hour between city and QE.

Could spell the end of the 48 on that stretch?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 07, 2015, 02:40:23 PM
My thinking is that the X64 will be serving the QE ready so the 99 curtailment can happen...
Has It been confirmed that it will be curtailed. What will replace it between the Q.E and the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on August 12, 2015, 11:03:12 AM
Has It been confirmed that it will be curtailed. What will replace it between the Q.E and the City Centre.

No, it is just rumour only

MW

A really weird rumour was that the AG1 would be going to the QE soon. Floating about in garage.

Edit: just to add, I do realise it's not practical in the slightest and will most likely be bulls***

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2015, 10:46:45 AM
Could spell the end of the 48 on that stretch?

Or 4 buses an hour between QE, Weoley Castle and Bartley Green I would suspect?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk