News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by Solo1, June 07, 2015, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: filbus1 on June 21, 2015, 09:37:00 PM
It is going back into it's original livery as it first entered service, information from Lloyd Penfold at Wythall

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Gareth

The bus was certainly striking and eye catching when new. From it's new livery, to the huge WM logo on the rear. The only thing that I never really liked was it's temporary fleetnumber '1'.
If Wythall should chose to put her in 'almost new' condition of around a year later, and 4001 fleetnumber that's fine by me 😃

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on June 21, 2015, 10:47:44 PM
The bus was certainly striking and eye catching when new. From it's new livery, to the huge WM logo on the rear. The only thing that I never really liked was it's temporary fleetnumber '1'.
If Wythall should chose to put her in 'almost new' condition of around a year later, and 4001 fleetnumber that's fine by me 😃

Why did it carry the number 1 only temporarily, what made NE make it 4001.

Surely starting again from 1 to signify the big change should have been kept and the rest of the Spectras numbered 2 - 22.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

filbus1

Quote from: Rhys S on June 19, 2015, 08:38:22 PM
Wil,that be used on the bus rides
Eventually, yes

Stuharris 6360

Are paper blinds going to be reinstalled

Gareth

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 10:51:05 PM
Why did it carry the number 1 only temporarily, what made NE make it 4001.

Surely starting again from 1 to signify the big change should have been kept and the rest of the Spectras numbered 2 - 22.

I'd imagine that had the double deck fleet continued on from Spectras 1 and 2 within a few years there would have to be a load of renumbering. When 1&2 were new there were still mini buses in the 200 series and midi buses well into the 500 series. To me, 4001+ was the most logical, following on from the Scania's but with a big enough gap and new 4 prefix to signify the change.

Look forward to going back in time when 4001 is restored to original spec, if I remember rite the paper blinds were motorised.

CL

Quote from: filbus1 on June 21, 2015, 09:37:00 PM
It is going back into it's original livery as it first entered service, information from Lloyd Penfold at Wythall
Yes! My wish has been granted. :P - however, and I hope this isn't too contradictory, but leaving it in the NX Livery would've been fine, as it's the last livery that bus has worn... Still, excited for the return of the Low Floor livery, mark I.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

If I remember right its first livery announced that it was the UK's first low-floor double decker or something like that, and restoring that livery demonstrates why it has been saved.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stevo on June 22, 2015, 07:55:47 PM
If I remember right its first livery announced that it was the UK's first low-floor double decker or something like that, and restoring that livery demonstrates why it has been saved.

I am also happy that it is being restored to original condition. It was in a bit of a sorry state before it was withdrawn with badly etched upper deck windows

Cheers for the info @Tony.

DavieDD2

Certainly looked better at launch...

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on June 22, 2015, 08:01:45 PM
Despite not actually being the first low floor decker in the UK....

I am also happy that it is being restored to original condition. It was in a bit of a sorry state before it was withdrawn with badly etched upper deck windows

It was the first low floor 'decker in the UK, just not the first to run in service.

Bryan

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2015, 08:11:14 PM
It was the first low floor 'decker in the UK, just not the first to run in service.

Am I correct in thinking it was Abus of Bristol that just beat National Express in getting their slightly later vehicle in service first?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bryan on June 22, 2015, 08:31:31 PM
Am I correct in thinking it was Abus of Bristol that just beat National Express in getting their slightly later vehicle in service first?

Yes you are correct @Bryan. R222 AJP is the bus!

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/wanderer30/7523127638/

Photo courtesy of 'Wanderer 30'

Tony

I have put a couple of Ronnie Morgan's photos of it in original livery on the bottom of its page on my website
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4001.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk