News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by Solo1, June 07, 2015, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I suppose it's too early to say. All depends on what the long term plan is for the vehicle. Also the type of MOT (I think) determines what type of work it can carry out. Such as only certain vehicles can take fare paying passengers. Other buses can carry people, like the free car park shuttles, but they cannot charge.

filbus1

Quote from: Gareth on June 19, 2015, 08:42:05 PM
I suppose it's too early to say. All depends on what the long term plan is for the vehicle. Also the type of MOT (I think) determines what type of work it can carry out. Such as only certain vehicles can take fare paying passengers. Other buses can carry people, like the free car park shuttles, but they cannot charge.
It would be good to have a vehicle with wheelchair access available for use on the rides. As far as I know it will be bought up to the standard to carry fare paying passengers.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Gareth on June 19, 2015, 08:42:05 PM
Some of the other buses at Wythall are either I think Class 6 or Class 5 MOT'd depending on what they are needed for during the year but I could be wrong of course. I think I saw on the website years before saying about which bus needs which class of MOT or that some buses were downgraded to the other MOT class.

P419 EJW

A short video clip of 4001 arriving at Wythall, it's new home.

DavieDD2

I wonder if Dundee Museum of Transport or an individual up here will take 4002, it was launched in Dundee at the same time as 4001 was in the Midlands.

lynx1103

I would really like a B10L to be preserved being the 1st low floor single deck for TWM.

DavieDD2

7122 (P122 KSL) is preserved at DMoT, it was the very first B10L introduced when TWM took over Tayside in 1997.

Stevo

Quote from: Squiz1971 on June 20, 2015, 02:25:37 PM
Some of the other buses at Wythall are either I think Class 6 or Class 5 MOT'd depending on what they are needed for during the year but I could be wrong of course. I think I saw on the website years before saying about which bus needs which class of MOT or that some buses were downgraded to the other MOT class.
You're quite right. The class 6 fleet can be used on the scheduled services and on private hire, while class 5 can carry passengers but no fares can be charged.

Stuharris 6360

Doesn't it still have the MOT from NE?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 08:15:07 PM

It still has four weeks left on the current MoT

filbus1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 08:15:07 PM
No, it goes for MOT etc. next month according to my Wythall friends

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stevo on June 21, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
You're quite right. The class 6 fleet can be used on the scheduled services and on private hire, while class 5 can carry passengers but no fares can be charged.
Cheers @Stevo I thought I was right but wasn't quite sure which MOT was for which fleet type

CL

Probably wishful thinking, but I sure do hope that 4001 will be repainted back into it's original livery.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: clayderman on June 21, 2015, 09:31:47 PM
Probably wishful thinking, but I sure do hope that 4001 will be repainted back into it's original livery.

Your not the only one to wish that @clayderman!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

filbus1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 21, 2015, 09:33:27 PM
Your not the only one to wish that @clayderman!
It is going back into it's original livery as it first entered service, information from Lloyd Penfold at Wythall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk