News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldinwinter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 10, 2024, 09:29:52 AMThe Sunday service on the 890 was taken over by MRW from MRN. I think WMT may have operated it on Sundays for a time before it was taken over by Choice Travel.  Midland Rider ran the 516/517 before being taken by Choice Travel.  Choice also extended/replaced some journeys to Bridgnorth as the 816/817 for a time.

The 537 was indeed operated by WMT for a time. It was partly replaced by the Choice Travel operated 880 which ran between Perton and Penkridge with occasional extensions to Stafford I think? if I recall. Can't remember which way the 537 ran.

Another route WMT took over was the 580 which ran as now between Kidderminster and Kinver but under WMT it continued into Wolverhampton via Wombourne.
I believe WMT ran the  Sunday 499 to Bridgnorth  from Wolverhampton. they also had the 892 Sunday and another Telford to Wellington service....... Evening 870 from WA

Tony

There's also the possibility Let's go put in an appeal which would extend their stay of execution

Westy

Quote from: Coldinwinter on June 11, 2024, 02:38:30 PMI believe WMT ran the  Sunday 499 to Bridgnorth  from Wolverhampton. they also had the 892 Sunday and another Telford to Wellington service....... Evening 870 from WA
@Stu - Any chance of a split off please?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on June 11, 2024, 03:02:12 PMThere's also the possibility Let's go put in an appeal which would extend their stay of execution
Would that mean they would retain the TfWM tenders during that time?

justlookingaround

Quote from: Tony on June 11, 2024, 03:02:12 PMThere's also the possibility Let's go put in an appeal which would extend their stay of execution
The fact they advertised for a transport manager does suggest this. Can't see it being successful though.

Rachvince53

Quote from: justlookingaround on June 11, 2024, 07:07:29 PMThe fact they advertised for a transport manager does suggest this. Can't see it being successful though.
Given the company's track record, neither can I but only time will tell.

MW

Quote from: justlookingaround on June 11, 2024, 07:07:29 PMThe fact they advertised for a transport manager does suggest this. Can't see it being successful though.

It was advertised as a TM for a new application

Rachvince53

By looking briefly at the guidance on the gov.uk website, since the written report was published on the 5th June any appeal would have to be submitted by the 5th July I believe?

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 12, 2024, 10:17:53 AMBy looking briefly at the guidance on the gov.uk website, since the written report was published on the 5th June any appeal would have to be submitted by the 5th July I believe?
It's a waste of time appealing after this weekend.

Once you stop running you lose drivers and passengers.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on June 12, 2024, 10:42:39 AMIt's a waste of time appealing after this weekend.

Once you stop running you lose drivers and passengers.
I agree. Unfortunately due to this being the operator's fourth appearance I doubt any appeal would be successful anyway. 

I saw some drivers on the 65 learning the route which ive seen the same faces on diamond routes so is this a hint as to Diamond will be taking over the 63 64 65 
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

winston

Quote from: 900 on June 12, 2024, 04:41:18 PMI saw some drivers on the 65 learning the route which ive seen the same faces on diamond routes so is this a hint as to Diamond will be taking over the 63 64 65
It can now be confirmed that Diamond are taking over Lets Go's TfWM tenders I.e. 63, 64, 65 & 303.

It should be on their website soon. 

BNH2004

Quote from: winston on June 12, 2024, 07:35:51 PMIt can now be confirmed that Diamond are taking over Lets Go's TfWM tenders I.e. 63, 64, 65 & 303.

It should be on their website soon.
Has it been confirmed what will happen with 1, 11 and the trip on the 3 and 529

Rachvince53

Quote from: BNH2004 on June 12, 2024, 07:38:20 PMHas it been confirmed what will happen with 1, 11 and the trip on the 3 and 529
Those are all commercial so will not run as NX already provide services on those routes. 

Westy

Are NX still putting up for every tender at the moment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk